Roman coin ID help

paul75

Apr 9, 2016
DURHAM GB
Detector(s) used
ebinger ebex pi, nokta fors core.CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi I've found this roman coin today but can't id it ive looked all over the internet to no avail. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you IMG_1648.JPG IMG_1648.JPG IMG_1645.JPG IMG_1647.JPG

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
[FONT=&quot]DIVUS, the mark of consecration.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]--Thr word. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Divus, on a coin, indicates that the same was struck after his apotheosis; after he was elevated to divine status; deification.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Don......[/FONT]

Upvote 0
OP
OP
P

paul75

Apr 9, 2016
DURHAM GB
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
[FONT="]DIVUS, the mark of consecration.[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="]--Thr word. [/FONT][FONT="]Divus, on a coin, indicates that the same was struck after his apotheosis; after he was elevated to divine status; deification.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333][FONT="]Don......[/FONT]

hi Don thanks for the quick reply, do you know who the emperor could be ? or date... I was thinking it was a posthumous of hadrian issued by antonius pius or posthumous of antonius pius by aurelius and verus but im totally mixed up now it's so hard and confusing trying to identify them.

Upvote 0

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
DIVUS, the mark of consecration.--Thr word. Divus, on a coin, indicates that the same was struck after his apotheosis; after he was elevated to divine status; deification. (sometimes shown as Divvs).
Don......
PS: Something like this:
AntoninusPius-RICIII-441-narrow-TN.jpg

or similar ones, perhaps, as on this page:https://www.beastcoins.com/Topical/Architecture/Altars/Altar.htm
Don.....

Upvote 0
OP
OP
P

paul75

Apr 9, 2016
DURHAM GB
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
[FONT=&]DIVUS, the mark of consecration.[/FONT][FONT=&]--Thr word. [/FONT][FONT=&]Divus, on a coin, indicates that the same was struck after his apotheosis; after he was elevated to divine status; deification. (sometimes shown as Divvs).[/FONT]
[FONT=&]Don......
PS: Something like this:
[/FONT]
AntoninusPius-RICIII-441-narrow-TN.jpg

or similar ones, perhaps, as on this page:https://www.beastcoins.com/Topical/Architecture/Altars/Altar.htm
Don.....

That's great Don, thanks very much for you're time and help. paul

Upvote 0

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a reverse type we need, congrats.

Upvote 0

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi CRUSADER, thanks but what do you mean a reverse type we need?
We have had some coins with a similar type of shrine (Reverse type, the Obverse always being the head side) but not like that one on your silver denarius.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
P

paul75

Apr 9, 2016
DURHAM GB
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We have had some coins with a similar type of shrine (Reverse type, the Obverse always being the head side) but not like that one on your silver denarius.

Thanks thats good to know ,so would you class it as a rare coin then? just so i can keep track of whats what on my coins for future reference. thanks Paul

Upvote 0

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks thats good to know ,so would you class it as a rare coin then? just so i can keep track of whats what on my coins for future reference. thanks Paul
Rare to find but not classified as a rare coin, maybe scarce.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread