May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This site was our best chance at a Sceat this year (wasn't to be). It's a site we have hit hard over the years & it's one of the larger scatters, as sites go...Today we managed to grid 90% of this huge area in 8 hours 15 minutes. Most of the coins left were tiny. In fact we are pretty sure Cru'Dad now holds the Tinniest Coin Award.
We won't have to go back here for some years, the conditions were near perfect, flat & wet underneath.

51 Scrappies
Roman Pot Shards
Broken Roman Tweezers
Roman Bracelet bit
1570 Lizzy Sixpence (deep hit on my XP)

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    184.2 KB · Views: 76
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    358.7 KB · Views: 76
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    132.9 KB · Views: 71
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    168.5 KB · Views: 82
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 70
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 77
  • 1a.JPG
    1a.JPG
    605.3 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Upvote 22
Hard work pays off as usual ! 51 scrappies indicates perfect soil conditions :hello2:

Great stuff, Cru! I'd say--not bad for a day's work! Congrats. -Lisa & John

Glad to see you're back on the silver. I found an identical sixpence at my hammered silver site several years ago. Forgive me for posting it here, but thought you might be interested in seeing your coin's twin sister.

hammered38.jpg

Great finds as usual Cru. Perfect conditions is not something we have in the Northeast US right now. It's bone dry here. We need jackhammers.

Nice silver

8 hours well spent! Thanks for sharing your finds - always some amazing history.

Scrappies added to top, see the tiny one!

Good variety of pottery. A bit of everything they made. No shards of the big storage vat? Congrats on the tiny bronze!

Good variety of pottery. A bit of everything they made. No shards of the big storage vat? Congrats on the tiny bronze!

No, they tend to be early, this is a late Roman Site.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back