May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Firstly that was some of the worst weather I have detected in (& I'm not fussy), the day finished when a gale force hailstone storm hit us. (A massive tree blow over & blocked one of the main roads) The hail was near horizonal & it killed my face & hands, plus we got soaked. We gave in other the lightning was hitting 3 miles away - 3.5 hours.

Today we finally finished the Eastern edge, & started extending the Southern end.

At least my first hammered of the year after covering nearly 15 acres to get it!

Henry V Halfpenny circa 1420 - a King that I don't get many coins of...8-)
7 Scrappies
Tudor Button
Tudor Sword Belt Fittment
Nice Running Hare Roman Brooch (I think my first of this type):icon_thumright:

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    243.3 KB · Views: 92
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    221.9 KB · Views: 100
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    161.6 KB · Views: 120
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Upvote 5

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
Hello Cru, nice animal brooch :icon_thumright:. Yes the weather was interesting up north also, didn't go out today. Forecast bad for Sunday also.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Cru, nice animal brooch :icon_thumright:. Yes the weather was interesting up north also, didn't go out today. Forecast bad for Sunday also.

It nearly knocked me off my feet a couple of times!

Damn, just checked, there is no rainless window for us tomorrow.:sadsmiley:

mihmar79

Dec 18, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds, love silver hamereds! gz! and here is also bad wheater today and we have 15 cm (6") of snow:( (first this winter) so only left to enyoj in other ppls finds .

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hardcore hunting.... Without a doubt you will change one of the nice spring day for a day like this when all fieds are planted! :thumbsup:
Nice brooch. These animal brooches are beauties. We rarely find them in Germany.... And congrats on your hammered. Still january!

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
And the finds just keep on coming. Nice going on the hammered and hopefully that will jump start things in the silver category.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shame some one ripped his ears and feet of, he would have gone nice next to that Sea Monster you found a while back. I once hunted in similar conditions way up in the Yorkshire Wolds, sleet snow and driving winds, it's not pretty detecting.

SS

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hardcore hunting.... Without a doubt you will change one of the nice spring day for a day like this when all fieds are planted! :thumbsup:
Nice brooch. These animal brooches are beauties. We rarely find them in Germany.... And congrats on your hammered. Still january!

The animal series are one of the hardest to find, so pretty rare here as well.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shame some one ripped his ears and feet of, he would have gone nice next to that Sea Monster you found a while back. I once hunted in similar conditions way up in the Yorkshire Wolds, sleet snow and driving winds, it's not pretty detecting.

SS

I already know your like me when it comes to this, your not a fair weather detectorist....

After putting our backs to it, because it was impossible to carry on, (without getting stung to death) I was just laughing out loud at how crazy it was/looked & then we dived into the trees for cover. When the hail finished we went & finished the last bit in the rain. But with the lightning hitting nearby it just wasn't worth carrying on! (felt unsafe & we were soaked right through)
I can live with rain, but I don't want to repeat that one in a hurry.

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But with the lightning hitting nearby it just wasn't worth carrying on! (felt unsafe & we were soaked right through)
I can live with rain, but I don't want to repeat that one in a hurry.

No need for that! It just arrived here.... Hope the storm is through tomorrow morning!

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool a Rare Hare, nice. Love the hammered coins, we don't get many of those over here that's for sure.
As for the weather, WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED TO GLOBAL WARMING???? This is more like golbal cooling if you ask me.
ZDD

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool a Rare Hare, nice. Love the hammered coins, we don't get many of those over here that's for sure.
As for the weather, WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED TO GLOBAL WARMING???? This is more like golbal cooling if you ask me.
ZDD

Actually its been one of the mildest Januarys I can remember. (Over here):thumbsup:

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least someone is reaping the benefits of increased CO2 levels in the atmosphere, I know we sure as heck aren't.
ZDD

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mother Nature can sure put it out when she wants and with a sting! But like the Cru we know u pulled out some great finds. Congrats on that hammered!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used