Romans map of Florida

dagfoto

Oct 9, 2009
about 20 years ago I reprinted these sections of Romans Map of Florida. Althought the supply is close to gone , I could possible do another run , if there is an interest ..
Shows excellent detail up by Penscola as well as the 1715 fleet coast.
East and West Florida..
I'm not sure if they are available somewhere else or Not ??

Each section is about 3 ft square - 12 sections

If anyone is interested in "marketing" these , let me know. there is a minimum run required

Attachments

• DSCN0632.JPG
    DSCN0632.JPG
    141.2 KB · Views: 984
  • DSCN0631.JPG
    DSCN0631.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 1,262
  • DSCN0629.JPG
    DSCN0629.JPG
    130.4 KB · Views: 982

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Dagfoto I'm interested in getting a copy. What is the minimum run?

OP
OP
D

dagfoto

Oct 9, 2009
Salvor6 said:
Dagfoto I'm interested in getting a copy. What is the minimum run?

a few years ago Kinko's had a large format copier , for old blueprints.. not sure if that is still there.
I'll check .. was $3.00 to $5.00 per print.

Otherwise a commercial large printer requires min of 200 per run (with set-up) about $250 per section.

cornelis 816

Sep 3, 2010
Romans maps are only a nice keep-sake . The information on them is pretty well known . For threasure hunting you better use a modern nautical map with relative information on it . Cornelius

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thats all I want is a nice keepsake to frame and hang on the wall.

cornelis 816

Sep 3, 2010
Salvor you may want to have that map on your wall . I have more interest in finding the motherload , like I did at Cedar Keys . My story i Cedar Keys did not turn out the way I wanted but that was because I trusted some people that screwd me in the end . More power to them I would say . They cannot show their faces in Florida anymore . Cornelius

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
cornelis 816 said:
Salvor you may want to have that map on your wall . I have more interest in finding the motherload , like I did at Cedar Keys . My story i Cedar Keys did not turn out the way I wanted but that was because I trusted some people that screwd me in the end . More power to them I would say . They cannot show their faces in Florida anymore . Cornelius

You've mentioned this a few times.
Just wondering if you've ever told the story?

cornelis 816

Sep 3, 2010
I am a pirate learning fast . Why should I get in trouble by telling the whole story . What I recovered in Florida stayed in florida . Nobody can accuse me of taking out any gold or coins out of Florida . As such I did not commit any crime . Cornelius

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
cornelis 816 said:
I am a pirate learning fast . Why should I get in trouble by telling the whole story . What I recovered in Florida stayed in florida . Nobody can accuse me of taking out any gold or coins out of Florida . As such I did not commit any crime . Cornelius
[/quote

Understood :wink:

DennisB

Jun 13, 2006
Clinton Twp Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett's Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i would be willing to pay your price for these.

Dennis

MyLuckyDay

Dec 27, 2010
That map is very useful. My buddy was telling me about the sailors using Bleech Hills to do certain things, and there they are on this map..... Modern day Rio, FL. Betcha there would be some good land searching in those parts.

billinstuart

Oct 17, 2004
stuart..the treasure coast..well, used to be
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur with a WOT!
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The "bleech yard" was probably only a landmark. The ships had just left port days before..I can't imagine they'd stop after a couple days and dry their sails. Besides, St. Lucie inlet, if it was open, was essentially impassable. The present inlet was dredged (man-made) at the turn of the century.

RELICDUDE07

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2007
Pascagoula Ms.
Detector(s) used
minelab exp.
Pretty cool old map!I love old maps-That area of islands close to Mobile bay the french had this area & would hide behind the islands at the time & bust the spanish fleets azz then run & hide back into the river....Wish i was alive to join in the fun back in the day! :icon_sunny:

MyLuckyDay

Dec 27, 2010
billinstuart said:
The "bleech yard" was probably only a landmark. The ships had just left port days before..I can't imagine they'd stop after a couple days and dry their sails. Besides, St. Lucie inlet, if it was open, was essentially impassable. The present inlet was dredged (man-made) at the turn of the century.

Bleech yard... Yup, heard similar.

I guess possible if they hit some severe weather between south FL and Cuba. Not saying they brought the ships into the inlet, but the maps clearly show that they were familiar with the intracoastal and St. Lucie River. I guess a couple days in really bad weather, and Stuart, Jupiter, and North Palm could've been a good place to stop and check the ships (including the rumors of Bleech yard).

inletsurf

Oct 1, 2006
Sebastian Inlet, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cornelis 816 said:

Then get over it.

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
inletsurf said:
cornelis 816 said:

Then get over it.

inletsurf, what is it with all you guys wanting to start a fight instead of trying to learn something on this Forum????

Cornelius, was relating something that happened to him. You could learn from that mistake. God knows, a lot of us in this business have learned the same mistake the hard way. If you don't want to learn from guys like Cornelius, that have TONS of experience, I suggest that you, DiverB, the guys attacking Troy and Grubby start your own treasure site. You could call it Grumpy Treasure hunters.

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
aquanut said:
Or Grumpy Old Men....

Aquanut, Good one. I don't think DiverB, is an Old Man. He sounds like a new kid just out of Commercial Diving School. Although, I could be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time. :icon_pirat:

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I really dont think Inletsurf is trying to start an argument. He is a smart guy, I know, and he probably was just saying to Corny to just dont bring it up anymore, in other words, as it is apparent he (Corny) doesnt like it, but we have seen it brought up a few times. Yes, I do know Inletsurf is a pot stirrer, maybe not here normally, but he doesnt like arguments and in-fighting. He is as interested as any of us in all this. He is smart enough to not talk like DiverBarone did. Right SG? ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread