ny
Detector(s) used
TESORO DeLeon

Oxeburger

Jun 23, 2007
Holbrook, New York
Detector(s) used
whites prizm v
If you live in Farmingville, you can take a short trip to Patchogue, and visit the metal detector store there. Its on route 112, just south of Sunrise Hgwy, on the West side of the road.... next to a gas station... its a small stand alone building. You'll meet Fred and Mike... they have all the info you need... its a great store... check out all of the finds that they have uncovered.
To hunt on the beaches in suffolk county, you need a green key for the state beaches.. Smiths point, etc. I have never been bothered on any of the town beaches.

rydiggaahh

Mar 21, 2007
LI new york
i agree with oxeburger. head over to that store and they will give you all the info you could ever need. the name of the place is treasures unlimited. nicest people ever. im located in ridge and am always interested in finding good places to hunt.

wormhole

Oct 5, 2004
Lindenhurst, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Oxeburger said:
If you live in Farmingville, you can take a short trip to Patchogue, and visit the metal detector store there. Its on route 112, just south of Sunrise Hgwy, on the West side of the road.... next to a gas station... its a small stand alone building. You'll meet Fred and Mike... they have all the info you need... its a great store... check out all of the finds that they have uncovered.
To hunt on the beaches in suffolk county, you need a green key for the state beaches.. Smiths point, etc. I have never been bothered on any of the town beaches.

You need a green key to hunt the beaches? I thought the green key was just for golf courses? I have found that most folks that work at the beach will not bother you if you are respectful and try to stay away from the general populace. A tip for beach hunters (If you are planning on hunting any beach that requires a parking fee, get there before the guard booth opens and you will not have to pay).

sandals55

Nov 25, 2008
Long Island, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites PRL 1, M6, BHID300
I know this is an old thread but things have changed lately as far as permits and such....they are checking and have been this past summer....I was with some other hunters and we got stopped in a state park for our permits, luckily we had them....same as county, especially Smith's Point...just a little head's up....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread