Roommate Comes Through

Ben-Ro

May 18, 2012
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
I noticed my roommate had a fish bowl full of change on his dresser a couple weeks ago and I finally remembered earlier this week to ask him if I could search it. So, after band practice and a few Jack and Cokes we decided to bust out the bowl.

Before I continue, last weekend we went to my roommate's brother-in-law's house for a card night. My roommate won every game of hold 'em we played so in retaliation, his brother-in-law paid for the last couple buy in's with rolled coins (1 roll of quarters, 2 rolls of dimes).

So, when we went to look through the change, the rolls of coin were sitting on top of the rest of the change. The first roll I picked up, opened, and found these two beautys:

IMAG0146.jpg
1938 and 1941

Didn't find any other silver in the rest of the rolls or the bowl. Pulled out the copper and a couple wheaties. I bought the silvers from my roomie for $0.75 each. :icon_thumleft:

Upvote 0

CRHQueen

Jun 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice, but why not pay your buddy silver spot?
I buy off my friends for silver spot and a few dollars extra depending how much they sell me... I'd rather help a friend than a dealer.

unclehuckelberry

Feb 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
One of the tellers at the bank I frequent got a roll of silver quarters from a customer and realizing what they were bought them for himself. Talking with the teller he told me that he doesn't coin collect so he would be willing to part with them. I bought them from him for right around spot. I'd rather pay close to or what they are actually worth than rip him off, he might not sell them to me next time. And he also looked on ebay and tried to ask me for more money, but as soon as I told him about the fees and stuff he went ahead and took my cash :)

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
I've got a new setup with a gas station. This guy I don't think knows about silver, but gets alot of drunks and stuff in there. He is too smart for me to mention silver. So I buy all halves for $1.00 and Large Size Dollars for $1.50 and any other odd stuff for ????. He's fine with it (: Give a little take a little. May end up buying tons of Ikes for $1.50 piece, or bunch of morgans for $1.50 a piece

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread