Rootmaster alert

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
I know those two have been working a lot. Maybe since they haven't been hunting (presumably), there's not a whole lot to say. It would be cool to see what's going on with that dynamic duo.

Joe

litefire56

Bronze Member
May 14, 2008
Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX -10x12 SEF, 300mm, 10"DD, 6x10DD, Sunray DX-1
Hey Tim, I'm present and ready for digging duty! Lets get this 2010 party started! :headbang:
I was just going to PM you today with a whatsit find from today. I'm sure you've dug these before so let me know whatcha think.
I got out for a couple hours today and I didn't care if I found anything or not. The sun on my face and the dig-able ground was more than I could ask for. :hello2:

And Joe, yeah works been crazy for a couple months now. I guess if people are buying aircraft, things must be turning around for the better. I've heard you've been coming out this way for work... that's cool 'cause I've got a bunch of old places lined up if you want to get together sometime.

So my whatsit from today looks like a single reed harmonica or ? Shown next to a '49 Canadian cent (my oldest coin today)

Attachments

• johnsnew 4490.jpg
    johnsnew 4490.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 170
OP
OP
Lowbatts

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Good to hear from you John!

Whatsit for sure.
Looks like a reed but you might refer it to Brett and see if he agrees with me that it's a brass-age stray-capacitance shunt. Haven't seen one of those in, well, my life.

Maybe from a brass instrument or an organ reed.

We missed you at "Taste of Beeps 1" two weeks ago at Buffalo Wild Wings. Guess we'll have to set the next dine-n-dig somewhere west or SW, maybe Naperville Settlement!

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Glad you got out, John!

Interesting find for sure!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Based on the mounting slot vs. screw holes, I'd saythe pump organ ID was the right one. Now get out there in true nudie token fashion and find the rest of them! ;D

I'm glad to hear that business is picking up!

litefire56

Bronze Member
May 14, 2008
Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX -10x12 SEF, 300mm, 10"DD, 6x10DD, Sunray DX-1
Kimsdad said:
Glad you got out, John!

Based on the mounting slot vs. screw holes, I'd saythe pump organ ID was the right one. Now get out there in true nudie token fashion and find the rest of them! ;D

Thanks Neil, I'm glad to find out it came from a pump organ and not a
organ pump. :o

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
litefire56 said:
Kimsdad said:
Glad you got out, John!

Thanks Neil, I'm glad to find out it came from a pump organ and not a
organ pump. :o

lol

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1
Hey Illinois Treasure Hunters!

It'sa me... Mario. I mean, Rootmaster!

I've been working like mad, and when I haven't been working at work I've been working at home. We have been looking for a new home for a long time now, and finally found our calling. We are building a home in the west most part of Montgomery.

See here:

So now we are packing up and fixing up our current home to rent/sell. We would have liked to sell first before buying a new home, but now we are much more motivated to do so, if you catch my drift. Scary motivation.

Anyhoo, now that the winter is breaking a little, I can entertain thoughts of MDing again... but I won't have a ton of time until we get our house on the market and close on our new home in June 2010.

Well I hope you all are finding your treasure this year, we have.

BTW, my son found his treasure too... one of the model homes had a boys room decorated with a world map bed spread, and an awexome hand painted desk with a map on it and a lantern full of gold coins. Next to the desk was a canister of treasure maps! Let's just say he thought he had a pirate themed room already, but now he wants an upgrade.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread