Rosary returned.

stitchlips

Apr 12, 2008
east coast florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur 1000, CTX 3030
I had an interesting hunt today. Normally I do not talk to many people on the beach, When asked if I have found anything, I will usually just say not really and keep going.

Today I noticed two women watching me, I got a signal and dug it up. One of them says, "What did you find?"

I told them I don't know, I haven't looked yet. Now normally, I would have just kept going but for some strange reason, I decided to walk right up to this lady who was sitting in a chair and dump the sand from my scoop at her feet. Sticking out of the top of the sand was a small cross.

She looks down at the sand and the looks at me and says, OH MY GOD! You found my rosary. She reaches in the sand and pulls out this silver rosary. She is holding it and looking at me like she is confused. She says how did you get this? Then stands up and hugs me, as she is hugging me, she starts to cry. At this point, I am not quite sure what is going on with this lady. She has become very emotional. :dontknow: :icon_scratch:

She says you are an angel! I did not even know that I lost this. We were sitting down there and a wave came up and knocked our bags over. It must have fallen out. She is still crying. She says her mother gave her this rosary and she takes it with her everywhere and again calls me an angel and thanks me. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

bill-USA

Jun 29, 2004
Somewhere in the US and probably in motion.
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
In my opinion, you were used by the Lord in a mission of mercy! Not to even look in the scoop is just NOT normal for most of us, but you were moved to place the object in reach of it's owner! Not only amazing, but a great blessing to the recipient!

Honorable mention at least!

miket

Jun 3, 2008
florida west coast
Detector(s) used
whites beach hunter 300
......what if you dumped out a nice gold ring?? would she say " oh my!! you found my gold ring!!! "

I get that a lot...as i`m digging people ask me what i found before i even know what it is.. they think every time i dig i got gold..when it`s usually a penny or a pull tab.

good job for the return....... :icon_pirat:

Patrol

Dec 4, 2006
Northeast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Whites Surf II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In this case if she scammed you she will have answer to the Big Guy!

OP
OP
S

stitchlips

Apr 12, 2008
east coast florida
Detector(s) used
Patrol said:
In this case if she scammed you she will have answer to the Big Guy!

I thought about this for a little while afterwards. This is how I know she was telling the truth. First this was like no rosary that I have ever seen. It looked exactly like this.
rosary.jpg

When I dumped the sand out this was all that was visible.
rosary1.jpg

There was no way she could have known it was a rosary from what was sticking out of the sand.

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the lord works in mysterious ways!!!!!!!!!! great story!
my first thought was you got scammed but, the way it happened makes me think different! what made you take it up there and dump it?????????????

OP
OP
S

stitchlips

Apr 12, 2008
east coast florida
Detector(s) used
seeker41 said:
the lord works in mysterious ways!!!!!!!!!! great story!
my first thought was you got scammed but, the way it happened makes me think different! what made you take it up there and dump it?????????????

That's the weird part. I would never do that but for some reason I thought it would be a good idea.

paratrooper

Sep 20, 2004
Kingman AZ
It looks like a very compact and simple Rosary . 10 Hail Marys and the Lords Prayer all in the palm of your hand . You could be sitting on a bus , waiting on line at a supermarket or ANYWHERE . Just stick your hand into your pocket and work it just like the longer ones . Good find ...... better deed .

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very good job... slo for me this weekend. I did find a diamond earring for a bride a couple weeks ago and I guess I got my karma back yesterday... I dropped my phone on 27 and when i walked back to the truck a family ask if this was my phone and gave it back to me... :notworthy:

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sometimes the rewards of this hobby aren't always monetary.

Good job! :notworthy:

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What you did was amazing especially out of the blue like that! How it turned out is even more amazing! :hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread