Round Balls

Joe G from Md

Dec 23, 2017
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000Di Pro plus/ Whites 5900/ started with Whites 4900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never did tag my round balls got these all over the Tri-State area [Md. Pa. Va.] Years ago when we dug a round ball it just went in the pouch, never really checked out much after that got home and pitched in can. Looking back I wish I had not done it that way, but we dug so many round balls there wasn't much to get that feeling about. I think you know the feeling I am talking about.

Attachments

• 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    979.2 KB · Views: 107
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    989.9 KB · Views: 84
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    994 KB · Views: 111
  • 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 85
Upvote 0

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I never did tag my round balls got these all over the Tri-State area [Md. Pa. Va.] Years ago when we dug a round ball it just went in the pouch, never really checked out much after that got home and pitched in can. Looking back I wish I had not done it that way, but we dug so many round balls there wasn't much to get that feeling about. I think you know the feeling I am talking about.

I’m like that with V nickels

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Actually, I have no idea what that feels like. But, man o man, I want to know! That's amazing. :thumbsup:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep them and all artifacts separated by the site. Only thing I stick together is clad and junk silvers and once a year they go bye bye!

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That is a lot of round balls. While these may not be quite as interesting as the Minnie ball types, they are still a cool part of our American History and artifacts.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m like that with V nickels

I would be thrilled to find 'V' nickles (only dug 1, in all my years ) but Dug nickels 'even 'V's, are usually worth about 5- 10 cent.

My 1 is worth to me about $100 tho. even then Ill Keep it. lol

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep them and all artifacts separated by the site. Only thing I stick together is clad and junk silvers and once a year they go bye bye!

I do the same , (I got many " 1 Minnie" sites.) Even my Common silvers are 2 X 2 with date & location found.

Ill admit I quit doing the Wheat Cents that way years ago.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually, I have no idea what that feels like. But, man o man, I want to know! That's amazing. :thumbsup:

I Hope you find many , I still get 'that Feeling' when I dig them.

Vldetecting

Jun 23, 2017
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro-Pointer, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have dug TWO round balls detecting in my life believe it or not, so that's a lot of round balls you've found!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you find more.

Were Muskets , Pistols or long guns used a-lot in Sweden ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread