deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My boy found our first round bottom bottle yesterday.While walking out from our dig Stacy slipped and ended up breaking the top off the bottle.
WOW!!After seeing his excitement when he found it then the disappointment when he realized it broke,I know it crushed him.
I went on E-bay and found a bottle that looks exactly like the one he found and bought it.It's not the bottle he found,but will help ease his pain until he finds another.

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First off ,Sorry about your son's bottle ! , Second ,you get " Dad of the year " :notworthy: :occasion14:

OP
OP
deershed

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks!! I think it helped....

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Let me know if you want anymore of them for him, I'll be happy to send him 3 or 4 for free, I know how much that stinks when your young...

OP
OP
deershed

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me know if you want anymore of them for him, I'll be happy to send him 3 or 4 for free, I know how much that stinks when your young...

THANKS for the offer,that's so Awesome!!It's people like you that makes this site so Awesome....You not only offer your wisdom and knowledge,your also willing to give up a few of your bottles.Your the man!!Thanks again!!

I think he'll be alright,he did go out looking again yesterday which I thought wouldn't happen...not for awhile.When I showed him a pic of the bottle I bought you could see his attitude change.He realizes it's not his bottle,but at the same time he knows it's the same as the one he did find.

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story. Same thing happened with my son a couple of months ago. Found a scarce straight-sided coca cola and it was broken at the neck. He was down in the dumps for a little while but ready to go again a week later!

OP
OP
deershed

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stacy's replacement round bottom arrived today,Sweet!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread