round bottom sodas and other 1800s relics

Mojohand

Oct 18, 2008
rockwood mi
Detector(s) used
Fisher f-70,minelab quattro, garrett ace250
me and my dad got out today and detected a place where a old house was torn down and was detecting and i was in all metal mode lookin for relics and a iron sighnal came up really loud .so i dug a couple inches and hit abottle then another bottle and eventually i dug 7 bottles up then an axe head was in the bottom of the hole. :thumbsup: then we looked up some of the bottles and they were all from the 1800s ;D 2 were round bottom sodas marked cantrell and cochrane dublin ireland. most likely ginger ale and dated back to the1870s. :icon_study:4 were mineral bottles from hungry which were around from early 1800s to early 1900s and the axe head i dont know but looks old and 1 bottle i cant tell so we'r going back tommorow to see if we can find more :thumbsup: well post them if we find any more. we've also got pics below :tongue3:

Attachments

• boddles 001.jpg
    boddles 001.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 201
  • bottles 044.jpg
    bottles 044.jpg
    330.8 KB · Views: 222
  • bottles 042.jpg
    bottles 042.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 236

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you want ill go back to that site and recheck it for you. LOL

nice find you need to get back out there

Mich. Wolverine

Dec 12, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266
Nice finds. In the first picture the aqua bottle standing up is a food jar more than likely an olive jar or pickle jar.The four green ones in the back look like champagne bottles, but it's hard to tell. If they have kickup bottoms they are champagne. I wouldn't think twice about going back and tearing that place up. Keep us updated.

Wolverine.

muleskinner

Aug 8, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
minelab, tesoro
Yup I think your onto something. The round bottom bottles are strange. Seems like once you open them, you better finish them, cause if you set em down you'll spill them.

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
he is right! you need to go back.. there will be coins somewhere

Mich. Wolverine

Dec 12, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266
muleskinner said:
Yup I think your onto something. The round bottom bottles are strange. Seems like once you open them, you better finish them, cause if you set em down you'll spill them.
If I remember correctly the reason for the round bottle was when shipping carbonated soda it didn't put as much pressure on the cork so it wouldn't pop out from all the shaking around.

Wolverine.

R AND R

Jan 25, 2009
Menominee, MI
Detector(s) used
Tesoro-Sidewinder,Stingray 2, Bandito Classic, 1265X w/ Hot Head 12, BHID 9.5 coil and Garrett ACE 2fiddy!
OLD! designed to rest on the side to keep the cork from drying out. Look em up here. Step 2. Get a TESORO set the disc @3 sens at 7-8 and DIG everything!!!!!!!! Man that's prob gonna be a good spot! UR Lucky on that one!

http://www.sha.org/bottle/bases.htm

OP
OP
Mojohand

Mojohand

Oct 18, 2008
rockwood mi
Detector(s) used
Fisher f-70,minelab quattro, garrett ace250
Thanks for all the info, it is nice to have a place to communicate with so many knowledgable people.We are heading back out this morning ,will post if we find anything.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread