ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like unclemac said, it is just a round rock! Thanks for posting.

mudwhale

Jun 12, 2017
CT
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you found a round shaped rock but I might be mistaken. I live in CT too and these are everywhere. CT's geology in the eastern parts is a lot of rock similar to sandstone but brown in color. This is sediment from the bottom of the ocean driven up by the collision of the African Plate during the breakup of what was known as Pangea. To make a very long story short, the round ones like you found are remnants of the last Ice age's melting period. These were broken rocks ground round while caught in meltwater washes.

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Bone Valley, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you found a round shaped rock but I might be mistaken. I live in CT too and these are everywhere. CT's geology in the eastern parts is a lot of rock similar to sandstone but brown in color. This is sediment from the bottom of the ocean driven up by the collision of the African Plate during the breakup of what was known as Pangea. To make a very long story short, the round ones like you found are remnants of the last Ice age's melting period. These were broken rocks ground round while caught in meltwater washes.
If it was sediment from the bottom of the ocean, I'd sure crack it open

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a rock, but if you crack it open it may hold a fossil.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone. We live in Connecticut and we found a round rock in our yard. It is heavy doesn’t feel hollow and roughly 12” across. Any ideas what it could be. Thank u
Caveman bowling ball😳

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread