✅ SOLVED Round Stone/ Marble Spheres? What Are They?

Jun 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been trying to find out for a day now what these things are. I bought them from an estate sale for $5. They say they are Indian heating stones, but they are too round and look almost manufactured. These things are huge! I mean it could be a marble, but i'm having second thoughts because of the size. Does anyone know what these things are? IMG_3484.JPG
IMG_3485.JPG

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet, are you sure those little ones are stone and not lead? They look a lot like old round musket balls to me.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
N
Jun 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely not lead. These things look like marbles and are crafted like marbles, but the thing is they are huge. Like Bruce R posted these things are giant! That's why i'm wondering jrpoppapump if they had marbles this ibg back then?

Upvote 0

Bruce R

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2016
Shamokin, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm wondering if they aren't some sort of chic art, just put em in a bowl and set em on a table ?

Upvote 0

CaliGal

Jun 10, 2016
Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Red Baron RB-7 (inherited from my Gramps, never used) Parents used to take us out detecting in mid-1970's--fun times! Caught the bug early, reignited here in OK.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could they be shipping marbles (ball bearings, basically) used to roll crates & such? I've found them in raw glass in sizes a bit larger than the biggest shooter marbles.... But porcelain and huge???

Upvote 0

Jameyjg01

Mar 17, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I seen something about these the other day... They were definitely Native American, but can't remember what they were used for

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread