What do you think those beads are made from? Neat finds

Everything in that pic is lead... old fishing weights i think :icon_scratch:

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero
Maybe "they" just didn't have a F-75. I've heard it's awesome. Nice finds. :thumbsup:

S

seger98

umrgolf2000 said:
seger98 said:

Not thinking they are fishing related, I think ya got something pretty old in them beads, trade beads maybe! We'll see what others think.

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

RPG said:
Maybe "they" just didn't have a F-75. I've heard it's awesome. Nice finds. :thumbsup:

Actually, no he doesnt have an F75.. the guy who put me on the spot hit it quite a few times with an analog white's machine.. and yes, the f75 rocks! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

seger98 said:
umrgolf2000 said:
seger98 said:

Not thinking they are fishing related, I think ya got something pretty old in them beads, trade beads maybe! We'll see what others think.

hmm.. i found some of those last time in that field.. Didnt know they made beads out of lead if thats what they are ??? im interested to see if anyone else knows..

X-Splenda

Sep 15, 2009
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra
or they put the lead things of a old dragging net! my idea. i found mine near the ocean on a field.

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

X-Splenda said:
i found the same lead weights... i think their fishing related!!!

thats what i was thinking... mine were in a field in close proximity to a big river.. thanks xsplenda

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
I love finding spots that are full of lead and pulltabs, after all, if they left those they also skipped the gold...

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

K*E*L*L*Y said:
:icon_thumright:

Rusted_Iron said:
nice relics... I especially like the axe heads. Those have some age to them! :icon_thumleft:

considering your screename, im not surprised :laughing7: .. thank you .. jeff

gold fish said:
I love finding spots that are full of lead and pulltabs, after all, if they left those they also skipped the gold...

if they leave the pulltabs, they also leave the flying eagles and fatty indians :wink:

johnnyi

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2009
new jersey
Detector(s) used
minelab, white's xlt, deus xp, fisher aquanaut, white's twin box
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds. Those are net weights by the way. If found inland in the N.E. they are usually related to shad fishing, or in bay areas for general fishing. Your's are probably mid to late 1800's. here are a few I've dug this year from my area. The bent types are the oldest (late 1700's-early 1800's) and the cylinder and double cone type are usually the newer 20th century type.

Attachments

• netweights1.jpg
    netweights1.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 290
OP
OP
U

umrgolf

johnnyi said:
Nice finds. Those are net weights by the way. If found inland in the N.E. they are usually related to shad fishing, or in bay areas for general fishing. Your's are probably mid to late 1800's. here are a few I've dug this year from my area. The bent types are the oldest (late 1700's-early 1800's) and the cylinder and double cone type are usually the newer 20th century type.

thanks johnnyi.. I dig tons of those bent ones, way more than the other ones.. thanks for the info

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gold fish said:

they leave the pulltabs for me... just to be nice!
i :love4: pulltabs!

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

K*E*L*L*Y said:
gold fish said:

you mean everyone else LOVED your pulltab

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
umrgolf2000 said:
K*E*L*L*Y said:
gold fish said:

you mean everyone else LOVED your pulltab

i still have it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread