"Roundness, Juice & Tokes .......

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: "Roundness, Juice & Tokes .......

Keppy said:
I am going to leave this forum for now ...... Some on here are starting to sound like a bunch of school kids........................But if some one knocks Team ATC i will be back...........

But you're not a spokesman, LOL

I don't think anyone here is commenting out of jealousy, just what they don't want to see become epidemic from a rash of new detectorists. I'm sure these two are a great couple guys. I said before the show aired that I liked thier YouTube videos, I think they took the goofy aspect and went overboard with it on the TV show.

It was WAY better than the "American Diggers" debacle, but not enough to watch again.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other

Jason in Enid said:
Keppy said:
I am going to leave this forum for now ...... Some on here are starting to sound like a bunch of school kids........................But if some one knocks Team ATC i will be back...........

I'm not but there is so much bad mouthing from ones here on Tnet..... It Just don't seem right.......

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

Jason in Enid said:
Keppy said:

I think they took the goofy aspect and went overboard with it on the TV show.
I know you are right about going overboard in the goofy aspect.........And another thing that they put in reality shows now that i don't like is the bet's they make and put in the shows..........But as of now this is the only reality show i watch... How long i don't know..................... For at this time i don't watch any reality shows i am sick of them all...... Even Gold Rush Ak................

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I cant believe how upset so many people got over two guys using slang terms and acting goofy. I know I would have more fun hunting with team ATC then I would hunting with the guys bashing this show. I think you should act how you want when you detect, whether it be serious, goofy, or somewhere in between. I dont think you should put someone down for the way they enjoy their hobby. The people that say they arent going to watch the show again, will watch it, they just wont admit it.

woody_g

Mar 5, 2006
SPRINGTOWN TX
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 1000

my problem with the show is the inflated values of their finds.people out there already think that you will find treasure on their property and therefore will not allow permission to hunt.most people do not realize how much trash you dig to find a little bit of "treasure".

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

lookindown said:
I cant believe how upset so many people got over two guys using slang terms and acting goofy. I know I would have more fun hunting with team ATC then I would hunting with the guys bashing this show. I think you should act how you want when you detect, whether it be serious, goofy, or somewhere in between. I dont think you should put someone down for the way they enjoy their hobby. The people that say they arent going to watch the show again, will watch it, they just wont admit it.
You said it better than i could..... :icon_thumright:...... You know it would be a ball hunting with them....... :icon_thumright:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Like I mentioned, I can't speak specifically to anything about the show because it just doesn't interest me for some reason. That being said, I still have no problem with how they act, or what their terminology is, they're having a blast. Big deal, they don't make the cleanest of plugs, 1/2 here probably don't either; so no harm, no foul.

One thing that did stand out and was enlightening is I think I know where they got the storyline for Brokeback Mountain... Only kidding, I just couldn't resist that :laughing7:

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other

montanagold said:
Cologn- well we have never had the opportunity to find anything from the colonial era so its a new one.

That is one of the most sad things i have ever heard in my life :sad10:

I absolutely love hunting Colonial cellars and probably would not even detect that much if they were not around..

I feel for ya bro :-\

Blaze

CrazySlasher

Jul 6, 2010
SS of MA.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab E-Trac w/Sunray probe and 15' WoTcoil.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

montanagold said:
OK maybe you guys would prefer to watch a show where two 60 year olds make statements like " Hey norm why dont you mosy on over here and inspect my pre decimal american coin that I have exumed from the earth, aint it neeto." or intead of seeing what the detectorist has found you would rather see how they dig a perfect horseshoe plug as not to ruine the root base of the grass and place all the dirt on a bandana and place every bit of grass back where it was. You guys are so funny, I am sure all of you would have done such a better job spending 12 hours a day for 8 days to make a 22 minute episode, repeating something you might have said 1 time over and over and having a camera so close to your coil that you can barley swing it and having the camera stuck a few inches from your face. It was really hard work for Tim and George, it surley wasnt as fun as we have making our DVD's.

The inflated prices are my biggest problem. I don't care what you guys call things in the hole. A dollar for spent casings? 5 bucks for a toothpaste tube? 50 bucks for that KG? I'd be a very wealthy man right now if those prices were accurate.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

johnnyblaze said:
montanagold said:
Cologn- well we have never had the opportunity to find anything from the colonial era so its a new one.

I absolutely love hunting Colonial cellars and probably would not even detect that much if they were not around..

Blaze

Cologn ? Maybe it should be Colo or Colon ? :thumbsup:

I Just say "Got an old one ;D " or "Large"

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other

jeff of pa said:
johnnyblaze said:
montanagold said:

Blaze

Cologn ? Maybe it should be Colo or Colon ? :thumbsup:

I Just say "Got an old one ;D " or "Large"

May be you could call it Colon if you had some sh*t in the hole..... :laughing7:

Blaze

Pirate Island

Greenie
Mar 4, 2012
Land O' Lakes
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I fully expect all of you to wear my shirt and hat...See logo to the left....

OK, I get the deal that many don't like the show....and I personally felt that the producers could have picked two better people...but then again, it's TV. Does anyone here believe that television is real. Was Hawkeye Pierce a real Korean War doctor? Is Barnie on How I met your mother a real womanizer? (Considering he is openly gay in real life)

I am going to cut them some slack, while reserving the right to poke fun....the worst case scenario is the show is so bad, it is cancelled and the best case scenario is it is so good it ....ok that ain't gonna happen.

As for the terminology....I negotiate large deals for a living....I use dumb terms like fiddy-fiddy (50/50) and catchikeepit (Catch it - Keep it) with very sophisticated buyers and sellers. It is just part of being personable.

I also meet with New York Attorneys while wearing Blue Jeans and Caiman boots.... if they underestimate me, that is their shortfall.....which leads to my clients ending up in a catchikeepit situation......or as Charlie Sheen so aptly said it WINNING! (unfortunately he said this while demonstrating his profound losing ability)

My point is I will watch the show.....I might make fun of it, and I might enjoy it, but I will not disparage the two characters for doing what they enjoy and bringing it to my flat screen. It could be worse......We could be watching the Democratic National Convention over and over and over!

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Keppy said:

I hope you are really not leaving this forum...it is good to have a healthy debate.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Pirate Island said:
I fully expect all of you to wear my shirt and hat...See logo to the left....

I am going to cut them some slack, while reserving the right to poke fun....the worst case scenario is the show is so bad, it is cancelled and the best case scenario is it is so good it ....ok that ain't gonna happen.

As for the terminology....I negotiate large deals for a living....I use dumb terms like fiddy-fiddy (50/50) and catchikeepit (Catch it - Keep it) with very sophisticated buyers and sellers. It is just part of being personable.

I also meet with New York Attorneys while wearing Blue Jeans and Caiman boots.... if they underestimate me, that is their shortfall.....which leads to my clients ending up in a catchikeepit situation......or as Charlie Sheen so aptly said it WINNING! (unfortunately he said this while demonstrating his profound losing ability)

My point is I will watch the show.....I might make fun of it, and I might enjoy it, but I will not disparage the two characters for doing what they enjoy and bringing it to my flat screen. It could be worse......We could be watching the Democratic National Convention over and over and over!

See My Post Topic #43 :tongue3:

Good Post :thumbsup:

Pirate Island

Greenie
Mar 4, 2012
Land O' Lakes
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'm with you on that.

When I respond to an email from my phone.....instead of sent on a (blackberry, Droid, I-phone) on the (Verizon, Sprint, Whatever) network....it says,

"Sent on some random unknown handheld device I found in mud puddle"

Until they pay me to advertise, I refuse.....

Now, how many Pirate Island Shirts do you want again? LOL

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Pirate Island said:
Now, how many Pirate Island Shirts do you want again? LOL

You send it, I'll wear it!

French Creek hunter

Dec 8, 2011
Charleston,WV
Detector(s) used
White's Classic 5id, Minelab E-Trac.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I thought the show was OK,at least their trying to connect with us by showing us a show that is like watching Barney when your older. :tard:
I agree,they dug holes really bad,mine aren't perfect but they are sure to be much more better than theirs.. They need to get some guys with no energy and more..professional tecniques. Sorry for my spelling and grammer by the way. I lost some brain cells from watching the first showing...

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

N.J.THer said:
Keppy said:

I hope you are really not leaving this forum...it is good to have a healthy debate.
N.J.THer .. No i am not leaving. ..... Ther are some on here that get so mad so easy..... I just have to keep going..................... And i don't see why they get so mad? ....... I can see someone getting upset or mad if.. There house burnt down.... they wrecked there car ..... they lost all there money .... Some one died..................... But they get so upset and mad here on these fourms over nothing............... The ones i know how to really get upset BUT not all of them there are some with a lot of common sense... But some of them i can irritate so easy ........ That is the MINElab users....... :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

lookindown said:
Lookindown that is such a good true post you put up here..................... I just had to put it up again... :icon_thumright:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Keppy said:
lookindown said:
Lookindown that is such a good true post you put up here..................... I just had to put it up again... :icon_thumright:
Thanks Keppy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread