Royal Canadian Mint Offers 1 oz. Silver Coin worth$22 for$100and act like its a deal

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Royal Canadian Mint Offers 1 oz. Silver Coin worth$22 for$100and act like it's a deal

:BangHead:

Following the success of their “$20 for $20″ silver coin program, the Royal Canadian Mint has launched a new series which uses the same concept for a larger face value.
Orders are now being accepted for the first “$100 for $100″ silver coin, which is the initial release for the Wildlife in Motion series. The RCM indicates this is the first time in history that $100 can buy a coin worth $100.

buffalo-silver.jpg

The 2013 $100 for $100 Bison Silver Coin is struck in 99.99% pure silver with a weight of 31.6 grams (1.016 troy ounces)

Royal Canadian Mint Offers $100 Silver Coin for $100 ? World Mint News Blog

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't understand the $20 for $20 coin program either. I guess the idea is that the face value is made higher than the silver content's value meaning that as long as the CAD stays strong the coin will be worth the greater of the two values (metal content vs. face value). In comparison, in the case of American silver and gold eagles, the face value is currently worth less than the metal content and the metal content is never expected to ever be worth less than the face value. But I don't really see why the Canada way is any better. After all, I can buy an American quarter for 25 cents. The metal content of that quarter is only worth 4.4 cents. So I can already "buy" coins whose metal content is worth significantly less than what the face value is. Heck, the Romans did this all the time and is the theory behind the concepts of seigniorage and debasement. And now the Canadians are advertising this as a "good thing"?

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The way I look at it, it may be worth $100.00,
But even if Silver price Doubles, Trippels or even Quadruples,
it is still only worth $100.00
imagine how long you may need to wait for a profit.

May as well stick a Hundred dollar bill away and save the hassle.

or better yet, buy a hundred dollars worth of silver coins, at melt.
as soon as
silver rises again, you made a profit :icon_thumright:

I do believe in collectables, I just don't believe there is any place for new collectables
from the 21st century.

Last edited:

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LMAO $100, $1000, $5000, $10, $5, it's still only a 1oz silver coin worth what the content of the silver is or what someone will pay for it for it's NUMISMATIC Value. Lol Like the man say's their is a sucker born every minute. Lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread