Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We were very fortunate to be out digging this time of year and it may be coming to a close shortly. hunthicks and I went back to the new site from last week and decided slow the pace down and listen for those iffy signals. Well it worked out for the best and when the grass is all down in the Spring it will be like a new site again,now to convince the farmer he needs to plough it...
I managed to dig 4 RP's this time around beating my old record of 3 last week... Also dug another Vickie 5 cent piece,2 1919 LC's...I can't get over how many Vickie silver's I dug this year. I dug more silver this year than the past 12 years combined. I'm sure another sweet relic will surface from this site. Also managed this small pewter button in mint shape! Thanks for looking..
RP 1.jpg RP 2.jpg RP 3.jpg RP 4.jpg RP group.jpg

pewter flower.jpg 1891 five cents.jpg 2015-11-29 Group.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 12

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Some of you" are making it look too easy for sure, (which it's NOT) MANY hunters have none, and I after 8-9 years have one. Location, location...and I've been on plenty of old sites, Military stuff just eludes me.

This my grand total of pewter military (hope you don't mind P.)

Just thought of something, for some shoe buckles jump out of the ground, don't mean they are easy either. They seem to have hot spots, like ME, CT, and RI. And the same people find the most of those, you, HMN, and johnny B. For most everyone else, everywhere else they are a tough find.

So I guess you don't want to hear I dug a dozen off one little site. :) I've actually had quite a few sites now with multiples and only wish the other pewters would show up in bigger numbers. I've had a couple places that gave up several 3rd Americans, but after that, not much. I'm on cloud 9 hunting those types of places but what sucks is how difficult they are to find here now.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt! Love all those buttons, especially the RPs. You better stock up on Elmer's glue - you have a lot of buttons to coat!

Darby

Mar 31, 2013
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice group of finds!! Really like the fancy pewter button but the RP buttons are super great finds! Big congrats.

OP
OP
The Patriot

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like that little "fancy" button too. Are the RP's losing interest for you, after having found so many ?
Just curious you mention your silver count, how many you up to ? I'm having my worst silver coin year yet, 2 coins total , and one is modern.

NO never ever…I’ve dug more 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] American regiment pewter buttons and I could dig them all day long…
Plus like IP says, now I am about upgrading my best one to an even better one. Just shows I am in the right spot and you never know what will turn up… Heck I could dig musket balls all day too and would think it was great…
Pre 1900 silver count is between 12 and 14 and before last fall I had a 5 year silver slump…

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NO never ever…I’ve dug more 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] American regiment pewter buttons and I could dig them all day long…
Plus like IP says, now I am about upgrading my best one to an even better one. Just shows I am in the right spot and you never know what will turn up… Heck I could dig musket balls all day too and would think it was great…
Pre 1900 silver count is between 12 and 14 and before last fall I had a 5 year silver slump…

I do remember you saying you had a goal of 50 pounds of musket balls, so bottom line is I totally believe you. I know what you mean about being in the "right spot", nothing more important than location.
That is a nice old silver count, I wish I was there. Maybe next year, although I had my silver year in '13

Keep them coming.

OP
OP
The Patriot

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do remember you saying you had a goal of 50 pounds of musket balls, so bottom line is I totally believe you. I know what you mean about being in the "right spot", nothing more important than location.
That is a nice old silver count, I wish I was there. Maybe next year, although I had my silver year in '13

Keep them coming.

Well over 50 pounds of lead now...and growing..New goal is 100 pounds of musket lead

Last edited:

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
NICE FINDS THERE PATRIOT ..

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic group of finds there "P". I'm still looking for my first Pewter Mil. button.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread