Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all and thanks in advance for any help!

I have a few of the 32oz. old Schlitz Royal Ruby bottles. I was curious if anyone else is familiar with what they are worth (besides what the market will bear).
I saw most that sold on Ebay were around $30 to $40, but they were mostly the 12oz.
I decorated one and listed it in my store for $40. Do you all think that is a decent price?
Should I charge more? Less? Thanks a lot for your input!

Here's the link (and a pic if you don't want to click the link).
The link does have more pics.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/188505299/vintage-royal-ruby-anchor-hocking?ref=shop_home_active_1

bottletnet.jpg

Ok, I should add, I'm not trying to get ya'll to buy it, LOL. I have others that if anyone did want to buy one, just pm me. Just hoping it looked ok and was priced right.

Last edited:

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
I've seen them bring as much as $100 years ago, they are all over the place now price wise, not sure if your decoration adds or takes away from the value. Like many bottles these have suffered because of Ebay, once people saw what they were bringing years ago the market got flooded with them bringing the prices down to the point where they don't always sell...

OP
OP
pat-tekker-cat

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you epackage. Story of my life, day late & a dollar short. LOL!
The decorations are all hand tied, no glue involved. (I mentioned that in the listing too, so folks would know.)
Guess I better dig the rest of em out, start making more. Thanks again.

bottles10

May 2, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garriet
I think 40.00 is a good price. How did you end up with more then one? You won,t dig them unless you are digging 50s dumps.

OP
OP
pat-tekker-cat

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Mr was clearing an area of the Miami Everglades for the Fed's to take back over.
He said he found an old bottle dump, so we rescued all that we could. Got 2 of them walgreens flip-top bins full.
There's a bunch of different kind, yeah probably from back in the 50's and/or 60's. I wish I had picked up the broken glass, too.
Thanks for the input! HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread