RPG25s CRH Log

rpg25

Dec 9, 2012
Earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RPG25's CRH Log

Instead of clogging the board with my finds, I've decided to meet the status quo and make a log! Today's finds were a 1964 half and 2 silver dimes from the reject tube. After I dumped I found 2 more silver Rosies, a Merc, and an 80% Canadian from 2 boxes. Not a bad day in my book and definitely one of my best reject find days!

Attachments

• image-4205914667.jpg
    image-4205914667.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 166
  • image-261818574.jpg
    image-261818574.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 166
Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds! You are certainly exceeding my finds by a long run, keep it up!
hh
buff

OP
OP
R

rpg25

Dec 9, 2012
Earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuffaloBoy said:
nice finds! You are certainly exceeding my finds by a long run, keep it up!
hh
buff

Thanks:) I think it's just my volume though... I think I have average pulls for my location. Whatever the case, back at it tomorrow. Dumping today's boxes at two different banks so I can check tubes. Also gonna pick up 3 more boxes. Hopefully I can keep up the pace. Fingers crossed haha

OP
OP
R

rpg25

Dec 9, 2012
Earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up 3 boxes and scored 5 silvers. All Rosies. One ender:) Also found a 1964 British Caribbean Territories 10 cent coin that I thought might be silver because of year and edge but it turned out not to be so I threw that little guy back haha Second box was a skunk so in the picture, top row is first box and bottom row, the 3rd box.

1x1957
1x1961
3x1963

Attachments

• image-2643059824.jpg
    image-2643059824.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 70

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What would you say your average cull is for dimes? I am averaging 2 silvers every 3 boxes for over a year now. It's not much, but at least i can usually go a week finding at least one silver.

i did 2 nickel boxes last night for only one non-dated buffalo nickel, disappointing results IMO.
HH
Buff

OP
OP
R

rpg25

Dec 9, 2012
Earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The silvers come and go in waves. I usually average 2 a box pretty consistently. I blame it all on volume though. I will say I've had streaks where I get 1 silver in 4 or 5 boxes. By the week? If I get out a lot I'm getting 4 silver minimum. If I take it easy, probably like 2 a week. Sorry I can't be more specific. I've done more boxes than I can remember. Maybe later I'll calculate based on what's in this log.
Also, my nickel average have been good recently. I don't do them in the volume I do dimes though. I usually find 1 war nickel per box.

Last edited:

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Also found a 1964 British Caribbean Territories 10 cent coin that I thought might be silver because of year and edge but it turned out not to be so I threw that little guy back haha

All of mine look silver, one is even black tarnished like silver. Don't throw them back, as that is technically defrauding. You are earning 10 US cents for the BCT cents. Boxes are not currency exchange. Also, it's probably worth in between the 20 to 40 cent range (if VF or XF).

OP
OP
R

rpg25

Dec 9, 2012
Earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All of mine look silver, one is even black tarnished like silver. Don't throw them back, as that is technically defrauding. You are earning 10 US cents for the BCT cents. Boxes are not currency exchange. Also, it's probably worth in between the 20 to 40 cent range (if VF or XF).

Technically defrauding? I think the secret service has bigger things to worry about then me throwing back a coin.. Also, outside of US coins, I care very little for numismatics. I don't think it's a huge deal that I threw it back especially since I use a machine that rejects foreign coins. It got left in the reject tray. Whatever the case, I threw it back. Big whoop. Splitting hairs if you ask me, especially since you can say the bank/currency carrier "defrauded" me by putting it in my box as a dime.

Last edited:

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Technically defrauding? I think the secret service has bigger things to worry about then me throwing back a coin.. Also, outside of US coins, I care very little for numismatics. I don't think it's a huge deal that I threw it back especially since I use a machine that rejects foreign coins. It got left in the reject tray. Whatever the case, I threw it back. Big whoop. Splitting hairs if you ask me, especially since you can say the bank/currency carrier "defrauded" me by putting it in my box as a dime.

I would have given it to someone you know, people get excited when they see foreign coins.

OP
OP
R

rpg25

Dec 9, 2012
Earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been real slow going and I haven't been able to get out as much as I want to. My most recent finds were two 40% halves from a teller tray. Same teller was able to give me $290 in halves from the vault. That was a shock because they rarely have halves anywhere around here. Anyway, that batch of halves was a skunk. Hoping to get back into the swing of things next week!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread