RTG scoop pull handle?

FL Treasure Hunter

Dec 31, 2015
St. Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, AT Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After using the RTG royal scoop in the water a few times I was thinking something like the raptor pull handle that some people use on the T-REX wooden scoop handles would be nice to have to make sifting easier in the water. Does anyone know if the raptor pull handle capable of being tightened down enough to fit the metal handle that the RTG scoops have without spinning or loosing grip, if not are there any others that may fit? Love the big RTG scoop but trying to make it a little more long hunt friendly (or maybe I need to hit the gym :laughing7: ).

Upvote 0

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the people at rtg modify one for me --not what you are asking for
but wonder if you called them if they might be able to help you out - gonna cost you
but if they can give you what you want then may be worth it

OP
OP
FL Treasure Hunter

FL Treasure Hunter

Dec 31, 2015
St. Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the people at rtg modify one for me --not what you are asking for
but wonder if you called them if they might be able to help you out - gonna cost you
but if they can give you what you want then may be worth it

That is an option, if I cannot find any handles that will bolt on I will give them a call for sure.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
The one I bought came with two rubber inserts so you could tighten it down on a narrower pole. Can't remember if it was raptor or a knockoff.

OP
OP
FL Treasure Hunter

FL Treasure Hunter

Dec 31, 2015
St. Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The one I bought came with two rubber inserts so you could tighten it down on a narrower pole. Can't remember if it was raptor or a knockoff.

Cool I will have to see if the raptor comes with the inserts. I sent a question to the site that has them for sale to see if they know if it will fit, if not I will go with he one that Terry posted if I cannot find any others.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow! Thank you for the link, that looks like it will work perfectly especially since it says it fits brooms and fishing poles it should definitely fit a sand scoop handle.

Yes, it works well.

Attachments

• a16 (2).jpg
    a16 (2).jpg
    291.2 KB · Views: 74

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I had an RTG with a welded on handle, and gave it to my cousin - trying to prod him on into the hobby - he lives on the coast.

I put a handle on the Stealth 920iX stealth shaft.

I'll tell you what, sure helps when I haul that heavy sand/mud/whatever up and shake it out.

Whichever you choose, you won't regret it over time.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FL Treasure Hunter

FL Treasure Hunter

Dec 31, 2015
St. Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had an RTG with a welded on handle, and gave it to my cousin - trying to prod him on into the hobby - he lives on the coast.

I put a handle on the Stealth 920iX stealth shaft.

I'll tell you what, sure helps when I haul that heavy sand/mud/whatever up and shake it out.

Whichever you choose, you won't regret it over time.

Yeah I am definitely set on getting a handle, it looks like it makes water sifting and hunting tons easier. I am leaning towards the raptor because I see it comes with rubber pieces as someone mentioned above for the smaller scoops as well as a great warranty. I also think that it would not be hard to build extra shims out of rubber, duct tape, ect if needed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread