RTG Scoops Customer Service is Excellent!

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Upvote 0

mnruxpin

May 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
i have two of thier longs scoops, they have a 7" wide one now too, and also have a stainless tipped one added to the line, good stuff.

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found RTG very helpful and easy to work with.
My first scoop was a rugged light weight aluminum stand up water scoop with an enclosed six inch diameter basket. It was manufactured by RTG - but sold under a large vendors name.

Over time, it became obvious that a thinner stainless steel tip would more efficiently cut through hard clay and shell bottom(s). I gave RTG a call as it looked like they made the scoop. Instead of trying to sell me a new scoop, they recommended that I install a stainless steel tip which they provided at a reasonable price. When the tip arrived, I was pleasantly surprised on how well it fit. Not only had all of the attachment holes been predrilled for the rivets , RTG even provided all needed rivets.

I had ordered a scoop from Reilly's Treasured Gold (rtgscoops.com) and when I saw that it wasn't what I needed they graciously took the scoop back and refunded all my money including shipping!
The scoop they sent me was perfectly made, I had just ordered the wrong one!
That's what I call excellent Customer Service!

mnruxpin

May 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
cool man, ima get ahold of them and get a couple stainless tips! didnt know they had them

I found RTG very helpful and easy to work with.
My first scoop was a rugged light weight aluminum stand up water scoop with an enclosed six inch diameter basket. It was manufactured by RTG - but sold under a large vendors name.

Over time, it became obvious that a thinner stainless steel tip would more efficiently cut through hard clay and shell bottom(s). I gave RTG a call as it looked like they made the scoop. Instead of trying to sell me a new scoop, they recommended that I install a stainless steel tip which they provided at a reasonable price. When the tip arrived, I was pleasantly surprised on how well it fit. Not only had all of the attachment holes been predrilled for the rivets , RTG even provided all needed rivets.

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IIRC, I gave RTG the insided diameter of my scoop and they made up the kit for me.
I am not sure why I contacted RTG directly as the modification was made a while ago.
However, I would like to acknowledge help from Treasure_Hunter, a moderator on Treasure Net, who confirmed that RTG makes some of their scoops exclusively for Kellyco, which are sold under the Kellyco name. Further TH replied that he used rivets to attach a stainless steel tip to his aluminum scoop and has not had any problems with that method of attachment.

cool man, ima get ahold of them and get a couple stainless tips! didnt know they had them

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have their stainless steel lip on my Beach Brute II scoop sold by Kellyco. Beach Brute scoops are made exclusively for Kellyco by RTG..

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread