Ruddock

Lo_305

Oct 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been doing some pretty extensive reseach on the ruddock area. I only live a few miles from there. I've been to the tulane to do some research. Info is extremly limited, and often not logical. From what i've been reading I'm not to optimistic about the prospect. From what I have learned there were two reason people were in that area. First, The cypress mill and the second was cabbage farming. I saw the post from "river rat" with the cemetery pictures. It is my understanding this cemetery is no longer visible; no iron gate no headstones. Also these communitys had no roads or buildings on a foundation. They had dock like structures that connected the buildings, and raised homes. One book also said "all the farm land has erroded into the lake. I find it hard to belive that if structures did exist that no person has ever encounted them. That being said, I am going to walk that railroad this week and do some exploring. I read another book that said part of the army marched from new orleans to hammond on that railroad. The army spent two nights out there somewhere. I'll let ya'll know what I encounter.

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's my understanding that there's pretty much no visible trace of it left. The ground is pretty marshy in places there but you might be able to find some relics.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread