Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please elaborate on the powdered silver in a $100 bill. That's one I never heard. I know that
in the '70s a guy was claiming to detect paper money. Must of been Ray.

There is an old post on Tnet about the Phantom detector. It was mentioned that Richard Ray could detect metal in a stack of bills. He joined the thread and said that it only worked on a stack of $100 Bills because of metallic silver ink.

I cant find any references to silver in the ink, but Ray had proven his claim in some blind tests.

Wayne

Www.metaldetectingstuff.com

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
"One Man's Trash is another Man's Treasure"

platinum-ore.jpg

It was an interesting story where I have a home in the Kootenays of British Columbia, Canada.

During the 1860's Gold Rush of BC many miners who were panning and digging for gold found a blacken metal which they could not recognize.

This metal not being gold they would discard it or better yet just throw it in a tin and place it in the corner of their cabin.

Today a few Treasure Hunters have gone searching in old abandoned cabins and mines and have found these tins.

This metal has been found to be "Platinum".

Today's price USD$ 1200.00 per oz. Gold USD $ 1195.00 per oz.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
nitric #1 Guy was a biker.

Old Silver What do you fear from knowledge? You say you are trying to help gearhead?
The latest round of clues should help us together do just that.

O

Old Silver

nitric #1 Guy was a biker.

Old Silver What do you fear from knowledge? You say you are trying to help gearhead?
The latest round of clues should help us together do just that.

Knowledge don't come by being skeptical toward everything you don't understand. A guy has some land he wants to hunt. Shut up and let him do it.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
"Famous Last Words" when it comes to Treasure Hunter's "Ownership".

A will? I never even knew the guy! I just found out who he was from people that I know that knew him.

Rule No. 1 - with Treasure Hunting

Make sure you have entitlement and ownership of any treasure found before you start your search!

Whether this is a Treasure Trove License, Maritime Law, Abandoned Claim, or just an agreement with the rightful owners, before you spend your money or hard work effort recovering any treasure.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
nitric Where do bikers live usually? If you said trailer parks we should both get ready for
incoming. But they do actually prefer secluded surroundings and gearhead said there were
other trailers on property. I venture other bikers were in those trailers too. Maybe what we
have here is a biker enclave. Odds are it wasn't a sports biker club but the other kind. If
it was sports bikers they would have lined up cars or bulldozers to jump over.

Now presuming we have a biker village equipped with mason jars wouldn't it be sensible to
ask if gearhead is living on top of a former moonshine empire?

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
gearhead has just stated some clues. Which are the most compelling . . . Old Silver, which
stood out for you?

Questions lead to questions. I'm not answering for Ol Silver but would like to know what the keys fit being they were secured as they were.
A house burned in a controlled fire by a department near here; was rumored to have pieces of burnt money floating about when roof was gone. Perhaps old enough no cross pieces were there as fire stops in the walls and air went up like a chimney.
Plenty of junk on O.P.'s site; it reads like camouflage, or certainly as mentioned availability of a like object to use too.
Buried too deep would be hard to access in a hurry or privately. Possible though with heavy equipment to bury something with access at top still..
With little to go on;with a man away riding for pleasure or working off site, the dog(s) could guard a cache.
Someone was likely a care taker of animals at such times that extended rides or any possible vacations or work projects led to absence.
Trusted to a point;and may know, or have known more.

Last edited:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Just maybe he was a messy landowner. Is there any order to the placement of the material? Frank five star.png

Dr. Syn

Feb 15, 2011
Lakeland, Florida
Gear Head, spend some time and search the man. See what you can dig up literally on him. See if he had the means for the money.
Point in case, my Grand Dad was your dictionary example of a "dirt poor farmer". Couple of cows, pigs, and chickens. Never had the equipment to plant or harvest a crop. Did a little butchering for side money, and sold insurance door to door to make ends meet. Drove an older car, seemed he was always wearing the same clothes when I saw him.

As I grew older I learned and was taught a few things. He had "friends", those friends provided the feed for the animals, planted and harvested the crops, and some other things. When Gramps passed I found out my poor Grandfather had, along with the butcher shop and insurance business, had owned a car dealership, had hands in a second, was partner in 2 different motorcycle dealerships, a department store, a furniture store, a heating oil/propane business, had timber/coal/gas contracts, and had more money then God. He had and still has unfound stashes. He grew up in the Depression, and lost money when the bank folded, never trusted them again. There was money found in jars on his workbench, behind the medicine cabinet, under the stairs, in books, under dresser drawers, you name it he hid it there. Not to mention the well, or the spring, or the one in the junk pile behind the house.

Not bad for a poor old dirt farmer.

p.s. just a tip, keep an eye out for the family, they most likely know more then they are saying. And if you, like me, can't prove where the money came from initially, but have a good idea, look out for "friends" of the guy. They may be a good thing or a not so good thing in your search.

Best of luck!

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, AT Pro, Compadre, SeaHunter II, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would take a screenshot from Google earth of the property (nothing that would give it away of course) and then post it in the dowsing section. If anything you'll find a few spots where it isn't...or you never know!

Dowsing

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
gear head

gear head

Oct 2, 2011
To the person that sent me a message, I'm just lettin you know that I did get it and read it. I just cannot reply back. I'm havin to use a straight talk phone for internet, and it would seem that some things on T-Net is not compatible with a cheap phone! Anyway thanks for that message!

keith2004

Jun 16, 2012
alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if there is money HIDDEN anywhere on the property it belongs to the estate of the dead man.you have NO legal claim to it .if you find it and want to keep it don't tell anyone.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
End the insults and arguements before a Mod steps in. I see several members throwing insults and breaking rules...

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
if there is money HIDDEN anywhere on the property it belongs to the estate of the dead man.you have NO legal claim to it .if you find it and want to keep it don't tell anyone.

Hay, I am no lawyer but I know that in some states You can buy just the land, or the water rights, or the mineral rights, but in others it is usually a lock, stock, and barrel deal where you get everything with the land. I don't know what deal Gear Head made. If he bought it from the estate, possibly, all on it or in it is his. Any way, he has a hell of a cleanup problem there.
Just a thought, Frank five star.png
6 06-1 Yellowstone 097-1.jpg

sushidingo

Mar 3, 2015
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster pro, at gold. Gold monster 1000. Equinox 800, sdc 2300, soon D2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have there been any new finds?

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gear Head is a Friend, and just down the road....

I may pop in on him with a couple of detectors,
When Spring is in the air,
And we will either find some goodies or have a great time lookin'!

He also just got a "project 'Stang!"
Another reason to hit him up!

Best Wishes,

Scott

PS.

You hear me, Gear Head?
Be ready!

Last edited:

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The former owner had heavy construction equipment on property at different times, was versed in how to operate them. He probably put a large container about 15 feet or more underground that has his "bug out" gear in it. He was waiting for the world to end so it has food and Gold located in it. Get a excavator and dig it all up. Hey if nothing is there you can make you a underground fortress for your end of the world stuff.

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For those who don't believe paranoid eccentrics still exist. This guy lived in a trailer on his mfg. co property had cash stuffed all around. Hollingsworth Funds ? About
His net worth at death about 300 million.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions