running the number game

Jul 11, 2017
LAKE CITY, FL
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since I am a new dirt digger, as in life there is a price that has to be paid before one gets successful. I have gone 2-3 times and get trash, then I go out and find a few coins. I know one day soon, I will find a honeypot that holds a few rare finds. I am searching places, now they are too wet to get to. I know of a lumber yard that was supposed to be in LULU. I need to know how to find the spot. I have read history but am not able to find an old map. Does anyone have suggestions that would help. I will run the number games before I learn how to use my AT PRO successfully. I have the time and patience. when one enjoys what they do, one never tires of the dirt digging.

Bigjdub

Jul 21, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just go out and practice. Most of my searches this year have been heavily hit parks and playgrounds because the long hours at work don't give me time to go out to the old mining sites and camps I want to search. I still love getting out even though I know I probably won't find anything great. Learn your machine now because when you do get to those great spots you don't want to miss nice finds because you didnt know what to listen for. Even places that are heavily hit can still have nice finds. I have watched a local guy with a nice Whites work a park and I go right behind him and pick up fresh drops he missed with my AT Pro.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
You might try the link below! It is of the Lake City area circa 1912 and Sheet 014 shows East Coast Lumber Co. Inc.. If that is not it, then do a Google or other search for historical maps of the area you want to hunt. Another good place to start is at the Court House as they have the property records and business records and should be able to show you where the Lumber Yard was, although any printouts make cost a few bucks.

Lake City 1912 Florida Historical Atlas

Frank

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread