139.9 KB · Views: 432

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
I am sooooo looking forward to that warming part of global warming myself! ::) I don't think it was THAT cold here but still was plenty cold! >:(

P

pippinwhitepaws

34 degrees and snowing here...which is nice since all last week it was above 50 and now i have a sunburn.

call it what you will, the weather patterns are screwie.

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
Ron & April said:
I forgot and left my Brass Monkey outside last night. :-\

We had a low of -7. Started warming up after sunrise when I took this picture. I'll sure be glad when that global warming moves into this neck of the woods.
Sorry about your Brass Monkey Ron, I hate it when that happens, Think Spring and that juried art show your going to be in,that will warm you and April up.
Ed

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Snowing here now all day but not sticking, big wet flakes so we can use the moisture here and when the wind stopped did not need a coat.

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
That is colder than we have here, too. I am curious. At the risk of sounding stupid, what is the brass monkey you
mentioned that got left outside?

Ray

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
karenray08 said:
That is colder than we have here, too. I am curious. At the risk of sounding stupid, what is the brass monkey you

Ray

Hey Ray,

I'm probably the stupid one for saying it.

There is a crude old saying, "Cold enough to freeze the balls off a Brass Monkey". I thought about everyone had heard that saying at one time or another. I don't know where the saying originated.

Ron

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Ron & April said:
karenray08 said:

Ray

Hey Ray,

I'm probably the stupid one for saying it.

There is a crude old saying, "Cold enough to freeze the balls off a Brass Monkey". I thought about everyone had heard that saying at one time or another. I don't know where the saying originated.

Ron

Brass monkey (colloquial expression), meaning something solid and inert that can only be affected by extremes, or meaning an extreme of cold.

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Ron,
LOL Yes I'm aware of that old saying. It is an old one. I thought about that too but i must have been a slow thinker
this morning and didn't make the connection. I'm going to shut up here, the more I talk, the dumber i sound. LOL

Anyway thanks for answerein my dumb question.

Ray

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions