🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
she should have called the cops and told them she stole it!

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard about a lady losing a very expensive ring in one of our local parks. I phoned her and offered to go look for it if she would narrow it down a bit to anything other than just in the park. She refused stating no, if you find it you'll keep it and not tell me. She was an elderly lady and I offered to do it for nothing but she was afraid I was a theif I guess. I just felt sorry for her because I was told it belonged to her great grandmother who was a very wealthy woman and it was over 200 years old and had great sentimental value. Go figure. I looked for it anyway just to prove to her there were some honest people still around. For all I know she may think I found it and did keep it, but it has never been found to my knowledge. I guess I should have left well enough alone, but that's not my nature. Oh well...M ::) nty

treasureace14

Dec 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
ace250
i wouldve asked it i can metal detect on his land.
or i wouldent have asked for anything.

metal chick

Mar 25, 2008
Monty said:
I heard about a lady losing a very expensive ring in one of our local parks. I phoned her and offered to go look for it if she would narrow it down a bit to anything other than just in the park. She refused stating no, if you find it you'll keep it and not tell me. She was an elderly lady and I offered to do it for nothing but she was afraid I was a theif I guess. I just felt sorry for her because I was told it belonged to her great grandmother who was a very wealthy woman and it was over 200 years old and had great sentimental value. Go figure. I looked for it anyway just to prove to her there were some honest people still around. For all I know she may think I found it and did keep it, but it has never been found to my knowledge. I guess I should have left well enough alone, but that's not my nature. Oh well...M ::) nty

I don't know if she was able to go with you, but maybe you could have offered for her to sit on the sidelines so she could watch if you found anything, that way you couldn't steal it from her (in her mind, of course - I know you wouldn't have). Maybe it would have just made her feel better to be able to watch you.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
hollowpointred said:
she should have called the cops and told them she stole it!

You are right about calling the cops,
But after he did he should explain that he is going to press charges of extortion.
That dog might hunt.

Thom

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
No one NEEDS jewelry... it's all about sentimental value. can't really put a price on it.
I would just have to return something, if I knew the true owner.
Never found anything REALLY valuable, though.

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a low life scum bag thing to do.. I am so glad that person doesn't belong here.. as much as that beautiful sterling ring was that I found, there was no way I could in good conscious keep it or lie to the young girl that I didn't have it.. folks that are like this one above, is truly deserving of the title scumbag.. sheez..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread