I pass this house often.

Feb011-1.jpg

OP
OP
K

Kya

May 9, 2007
Kentucky
It's not likely that I could buy it since we are still paying for the house we have.
I don't have a MD.
I have always wanted to give metal detecting a try and after stumbling across this board I'm thinking I may order a machine as soon as my husband gives me the a-okay (which means when the bills are caught up...we had a washer, dryer, furnace and a car poop out on us lately).

I have a birthday coming up. ;)

I'm reading and attempting to learn a few tips and I could learn much faster if all the 'found' photos weren't distracting me. ;D

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
It'd be a fantastic house to have and restore but it has a big sign hanging of the porch "Buy Me, I'm a Money Pit". It really does have possibilities but believe me, it'll cost you...I know, I've got one!

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
That is my kind of house. I am always looking for "money pits " such as that one and would love to see the inside. I love redoing old homes and bringing them back to life.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
That is a beautiful house! I love the big old porch....wish there were more homes with big old porches on them these days.....an entire way of life being left in history. :( Love the pic, thanks for sharing and I do hope you get that MD for your birthday and get to finding of your own!

OP
OP
K

Kya

May 9, 2007
Kentucky
It is\was a beautiful house.

It's in Symsonia, Dave.

I'd bring a lawn chair and supervise if one of you want to restore it.

Feb013-1.jpg

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
I wish it was closer to here...I would gladly do some baking and bring my lawn chair too! ;) Actually it would be fun to be involved with restoring such a beauty!

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
That would be a great house to buy and restore it. After it is restored, I would detect the yard for displays for house. I think displays of the finds would add some charm. Another option would be for a club to buy it and turn it into their meeting place/clubhouse.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Kya said:
I have no idea if the house is for sale.
IF You give me an address, I can find the owner and make them a deal. We can all buy it and it can be the Tnet clubhouse /Bed and Breakfast. Then we can all hunt in Kentucky and have a place to stay :D

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
gypsyheart said:
Kya said:
I have no idea if the house is for sale.
IF You give me an address, I can find the owner and make them a deal. We can all buy it and it can be the Tnet clubhouse /Bed and Breakfast. Then we can all hunt in Kentucky and have a place to stay :D

There ya go! 1st round of mint julep's are on me.

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Beautiful house!! Tell your husband for only $200 you can get an Ace 250 made by Garretts and believe me for a starter detector you cannot go wrong. Detect that place and it will pay itself off.

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX II/Sovereign SX-2a Pro/Quattro
Kya,
does that stand for Kentucky Angel?

anyway...most of the folks on here have backup machines and several of them don't live that far from you. Check on getting permission to hunt that beautiful old place, DO LOTS OF RESEARCH ON THE PAST OWNERS, and get one or two of the "veterans" to come there , hunt with you, and show you how to use a detector. With luck you could get to try out four different machines and see what fits you best.
I know I missed lots of finds because I didn't know what I was doing when I got my first detecter. (A Minelab, one of the best all around machines!)
You could detect that old house, get some quality instruction, and meet some great folks.

just an idea.

grizzly bare

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
grizzly bare said:
most of the folks on here have backup machines and several of them don't live that far from you. Check on getting permission to hunt that beautiful old place, DO LOTS OF RESEARCH ON THE PAST OWNERS, and get one or two of the "veterans" to come there , hunt with you, and show you how to use a detector. With luck you could get to try out four different machines and see what fits you best.
You could detect that old house, get some quality instruction, and meet some great folks.

just an idea.

grizzly bare
Hey Griz, thats a great idea!! I have three detectors and at times have let landowners use one when getting permission. Shame I wasn't closer, but am sure many are. A very good way to learn to detect. Wish I would have had someone helping me in 1983 when I first started. Know I missed many goodies there!! No matter what you do, nice pic and hope to hear your swinging soon Kya!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions