jb jersey

Tenderfoot
Apr 3, 2014
south jersey
Detector(s) used
minelab safari
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
HI..... I have been using my new safari for about a month now and feel that I have done pretty good so far as a newbie. I have found a bunch of clad, two silver coins and a couple of rings on the beach. My question is... for the beach, is there a better coil I can use for searching this type of area. Other than the stock 11" coil that comes with the machine? If so.. the model. Also, I have only been detecting in the factory auto settings, does anyone know a better setting in the manual mode that I should use? Thanks:hello2:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would use Relic Mode and change to conductive audio. In relic mode you have less disc than coin or coin and jewelry. All metal will work too if it's a fairly clean beach.

The best larger coil that is still light enough to not use a harness is the 13" Ultimate. It will give more depth and still sensitive to small targets. I tried a 15" WOT on my Etrac and had a sore arm after 30 mins.

I always use manual sensitivity on the beach unless the machine becomes real chatty from Emi or other interference.

Best of luck,

Walt

lisfisher

Mar 5, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 2
White's classic 3sl
Garrett Infinium
Garrett pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fletch- How do you "change" to conductive audio on the safari?

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The two programmed buttons on left are conductive and the two on the right are ferrous... Saving a program created by altering left side to the right will have conductive and visa versa... A program created in relic saved to alternate coins (by holding coins button down)will have a ferrous sound! Then it is real easy to simply push the coins button twice to change audio... That is the mode I prefer in trashier areas...

Last edited:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest: