Safari squeaks across the silver line - just barely

waterfalljay

Jul 23, 2006
Western NC Mtns
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Minelab Safari, Explorer SE Pro, & Excallibur II
Got out for a quick hunt yesterday morning with 4-H :hello: who was kind enough to share a house site with me. Got the first solid silver tone on the Safari (other than airtesting ) and recognized it immediately. Dug down ~ 8 inches and out popped a '64 Rosie. Looked up to show 4-H, and noticed he was walking towards me holding a coin. His was a beautiful Walker Half! These were our only silver targets of the day, and we had found them at the same time at opposite ends of the yard. I am still amazed at how deep the Safari can go, but the sounds and quirks of this machine get more familiar with each hunt. So while it looks a bit humble compared to my past finds, I'm thrilled by this 1964 dime as it is my first silver found with a new detector... ;D
No pics of the walker - bug 4-H if you want to see it. :laughing7:

Attachments

• 64-rosie.jpg
    64-rosie.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 614
Upvote 0

travelingjack1

Apr 5, 2010
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your silver Jay. Glad to see the Safari is working out for you. We got ours the same time I have found just one silver dime too, and a few rings. I haven't been able to get out much gonna hit it hard this weekend. Take care, HH Rob :thumbsup:

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the silver. Mike is a very good friend of mine and hunting partner. He is great to hunt with and we always have a great time as you found out. Congrats on the silver and I am sure he will be posting his finds as well.

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice silver!!! and the SAFARI rocks!!! u will love that machine a hole lot more after a few more outings ;D one of the best nickle finders i have used MR TUFF

OP
OP
waterfalljay

waterfalljay

Jul 23, 2006
Western NC Mtns
Detector(s) used
travelingjack1 said:
Congrats on your silver Jay. Glad to see the Safari is working out for you. We got ours the same time I have found just one silver dime too, and a few rings. I haven't been able to get out much gonna hit it hard this weekend. Take care, HH Rob :thumbsup:
Hey Rob! Thanks for the encouragement.
After the long wait we had for our machines, I had 4-H order a new Excalibur 2 so I could compete with you big dogs. ;D
We'll see how long it takes to arrive.
Hope you were able to get out these last 2 days!
HH - Jay

OP
OP
waterfalljay

waterfalljay

Jul 23, 2006
Western NC Mtns
Detector(s) used
treasurehound said:
Congrats on the silver. Mike is a very good friend of mine and hunting partner. He is great to hunt with and we always have a great time as you found out. Congrats on the silver and I am sure he will be posting his finds as well.
Thanks Treasurehound!
Mike speaks very highly of you as well. I'd love to compare research sometime. :icon_thumright:
Hopefully we'll all get to hunt together in the cooler weather & softer ground this fall.
After that LA button mike found, I doubt he'll be bothering to post the Walker! :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread