Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The reason today's safety razors are so popular, is because they are SAFE, and much better and easier to use. But go ahead. Be sure to post before and after pictures.

hill_billiez

Sep 16, 2012
SW PA
Detector(s) used
AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use on old razor myself. I would recommend buying vintage Fredrick Reynolds razor. Get one that is marked Sheffield only. They are available for about $30 for a beautiful one. Good luck.

TheGreenBoy

Nov 10, 2017
Countryside
Detector(s) used
DBP2010, eeTH, tx850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like straight razorzs, specialy old engraved and/or gold plated ones. They envoke the feeling of different times... Ofcourse, i have no desire of using one....

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As long as you don't twitch and lop your nose off those things scare me lol

Last edited:

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The old Barber I used to frequent (poor guy went blind).. but after the cut, he would push a button and get a palm-full of HOT shaving cream and use a straight razor to trim your neckline, around your ears and sideburns. Omg, Soooooo relaxing, and that baby was sharp, you could hear it cut every hair. I would like to use a straight razor but don't trust myself and I'd have to buy stock in Band-Aid. Ddf.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dirtdigginfool, my Barber still does this after each haircut. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Grey

Grey

Greenie
Jul 16, 2019
USA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey! Recently I found an old school straight razor with floral engraving on it, but the condition is too bad. So now I'm thinking of ordering a new one. Which would you recommend? Is it better than safety razors?

So, after several days of hesitating and researching, I decided to try a straight razor after all. Cause that old one looks extremely fascinating even with scratches so I decided to buy a new one as cool as it was. I started to surf the web and came across a few interesting blogs describing the most popular brands. I've chosen this one 5 Best Straight Razors of 2019 ? Cut-Throat Review by PRO Barber ? cause it offers lots of useful shaving stuffs for a reasonable price. Here you can also check out electric razors, brushes, beard oil and others. I ordered a Dovo cause look at its design, it's so cool I like it so much, and I was told it's ok for beginners so I think I did the right choice! How about you? Have you tried Dovo?

hill_billiez

Sep 16, 2012
SW PA
Detector(s) used
AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I’ve never used/owned a Dovo. I have heard a lot of great reviews though. Good luck with first shave. I was a nervous wreck. Lol

Deep1

Dec 30, 2018
Carolina Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nox 800, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Poor ole wore out Fisher 1266 that still finds stuff.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Uh, doctor, do you think you could sew my cheek on ?
I rather play with rattlesnakes.

Nevada Prospector

Aug 16, 2017
Southern Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher GB II, Etc, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Other
Last year I was detecting at an 1860's Ghost Town and one of my favorite finds was a straight razor. It was very rusty and unusable but an interesting find. By the way I do use one on occasion.

Last edited:

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dirtdigginfool, my Barber still does this after each haircut. :icon_thumleft:

Hey Prof, isn't that awesome? I sure do miss it...there's not too many old school barbers around here anymore... poor guy went blind, what a shame. AND...he only charged $7.00, $7.50 after Wednesday for some reason lol...I always gave him a sawbuck, he did a great job, took pride in his work. Ddf.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread