Safety strap for CZ-21

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wonder what you all are using for a strap set up on the CZ-21 for water detecting so you can use both hands on the sand scoop and not have the detector disappear. I don't want a stress relief type setup just a strap to keep the detector at my side. I use the arm rest strap for the most part but sometimes the waves will give your arm and machine a twist. Of course don't want to interfere with swinging the loop either.....

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Never needed anything but the cuff strap.:icon_thumright:

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
The Z21 comes with the cutouts for a cuff strap but doesn’t include the strap. You don’t really need a velcro strap to tie your arm to the machine. Because of its weight and balance it won’t be leaving your arm when you swing. I added a louse strap to the cutouts that allow me to let go of the detector and hold it in the crux of my arm. Im using a red nylon dog collar I bought in the 99 cent store. Does the job and was easy to thread through the cuff openings. Always use it. Any time your reaching into your scoop you have to let go of the detector unless you have three arms. ( Imagine the possibilities.)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions