OP
OP
Thorne

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By worthless I mean in very poor condition. I'm still going to hold onto it. Just not expecting it to be worth a fortune.

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IMG_0342.JPG Hold on to it for sure and who knows one day you may be able to trade it in for a nice Cohiba Siglo Cinco. Either that or send it to myself or 50 Cent, his avatar looks like he would be the type to enjoy a fine cigar.

Last edited:

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm curious now people. With the 54 year trade embargo still going on with the Cubans is it tough to get Cuban coins in the US?

CladSmoke

Nov 18, 2012
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Mine eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the embargo didn't start until 1960. That coin is older than that. Before the embargo, Cuba was a vacation destination for many in the US. I would venture to say most Cuban coins older than the embargo are probably not so rare in the US. Now coins post embargo may be a bit more scarce here.

OP
OP
Thorne

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Either way you look at it. I thought it was a game token at first. And it was really cool to see a coin from right after the war from a foreign country

CladSmoke

Nov 18, 2012
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Mine eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I would love to find one!

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Either way you look at it. I thought it was a game token at first. And it was really cool to see a coin from right after the war from a foreign country
Are you talking about WW2?

OP
OP
Thorne

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes ww2. Ended in 45 and my coin is from 46

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's what I figured you meant. My folks are flying back from Cuba tonight and I can't remember if I asked them to bring me back some coins or not. I'm hoping to return there myself in a couple of months. The fiance and I did a 1 week all inclusive at a 4.5 star resort airfare included for under $1500 Canadian last year. It's just too bad metal detecting is not allowed on the island the place is beautiful and a detectorists dream spot.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
My folks are flying back from Cuba tonight and I can't remember if I asked them to bring me back some coins or not.

They would bring convertible pesos anyway. The coins that are rare overseas are the regular pesos, which could only be obtained from residents.

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do you think it's legal to bring back (to Canada and not the US) the other kind of peso? I know it wouldn't be hard to get some from the locals I have met there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread