Saharan Peripatetics #5 ... another epic adventure!

Sidevalve45

Apr 8, 2007
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter/Sharp Shooter
Hello,
Those are some amazing lithics you find over there! Are you able to collect them or do they have to lay where they are? Also can I ask what your line of work is?

Thanks for pics,
Sidevalve45

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Very very cool finds !

Last edited:

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AWESOME FINDS, WOULD IT BE POSSIBLE TO DIG INTO ONE OF THOSE SINK HOLES, JUST FOR CURIOSITY ON MY BEHALF----YOU NEVER KNOW--LOL

iowa trout

Dec 9, 2010
Thanks for shareing Ammo I have been looking forward to your posts adventure at its best with savage finds every time.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, enjoyed your adventure, and also seeing your discovery's! :thumbsup: Maybe there is an object that has been buried (old airplane that crashed), and the sand is filling in the voids?

Thank You for sharing!

Get-the-point

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
PA. NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny I was thinking the same thing about that sinkhole. It seems that maybe under those holes is something that clearly had a pocket of some type. Maybe a dwelling that maybe the pressure broke through a buried roof. Hey ya never know. Could be a tomb or another sphinx..... They say there is so much stuff buried by sand in Egypt that is why they are still finding ruins....... I say bring a shovel next time you could do lots of digging in 36hrs.............. Nice haul of artifacts. I agree with Reap post some cleaned up photos.......looks like you have a productive area.......

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know you have said in the past you leave them where they are and only take pictures. But that knife blade would of ended up in my pocket. That was a incredible view and thanks for the chance to see it.

OP
OP
Ammonhotep

Ammonhotep

Apr 21, 2012
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Lone Star, baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone ... I sure do enjoy the desert. Maybe deep in my ancestral blood were desert people?

And sorry ... only in situ photos!

As for the holes in the sand, I always assumed they were produced when ancient lakes and oceans dried up, and the sediments contracted. I see areas of sedimentary material with deep cracks running through them. Oddly, I never thought to dig. I'm sure there are secrets buried in those sands. To be honest, though, I don't want to carry a shovel with me. I spend serious money on high-tech camping gear to shave ounces from my pack weight. This weekend is supposed to hit 93°, so any extra weight from now on is going to be water! :-)

-Ammo

Last edited:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had wondered if you had been out in your wanderings. I remember you saying that you could only take pictures. I appreciate that and am glad you are sharing. Imagine the wind covers and un covers many things and is always changing. To think the land was once so wet the sickle blades make sense. Have you come across many people in your treks? I am assuming you speak the language. Be safe out there and blend in all you can. You look like you are at home.
Enjoy the journey.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread