AU Seeker

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
E-Track, MXT, CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is mining, in particular dredging, or even over fishing the cause or a big contributing factor of salmon population decline.

The answer is NO, it's lack of micro-nutrients in the ocean's pastures where the young fry go to grow big and strong so they can come back and spawn another generation of salmon, that is the cause of the decline, that is up until now!!!

Check out this project that has sowed those vital nutrients back into the ocean pasture/s where the young salmon go to grow into healthy adults, the result are proof of what is/was the cause of populations declines of salmon.

I wonder what our opponents of dredging is going to use now that this is proven to be the cause and not us dredging?

World's first commercial-scale ocean pasture restoration "A phenomenal success"

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
National Geo-I know our nemisis BUT great article on correct process and procedures being utilized in aquaculture. With CDFG/Tribes killn' over 15 million salmon a year(their figures not mine from their website) them fish don't stand a chance but CDFG picked up over $500,000,000 in fees so all is jus' hunkey dorey but don't you evil miners even think of dredging because you might,you can,you have the capability to hurt them fishies. I'd like to cram a :censored: massive hook down their throats and then tear it out with pliers and then say--see that didn't hurt as they sizzle in the fire...sic sic sic sic-John

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
yuup, i remember reading this a few months back, still not getting any traction with local media for fear of environmental backlash MHO
I hink it is because there are couple- of- million fishing license issued everyyear, vs a couple of thousand dredge permits issue
easy to pick on the small guy

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Kinda easy to understand. Iron seeding causes an algae bloom through the bioavailable iron. Krill and other species multiply due to the abundance of food. So because of the abundance of krill and other organisms that salmon eat, more survive to be caught and/or breed the next generation.

Ever wonder why sunken ships are such a haven for aquatic species?

Happens all the time in nature:

Glacial Melt Pours Iron into Ocean, Seeding Algal Blooms - Scientific American

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions