59.2 KB · Views: 295

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Packer,

That looks like great salsa....making me hungry.

A friend of mine gave me a jar of pickled habaneros and Jamaican Reds that were far too hot to eat. Well, I put them in a juicer and added all the Pablano, Sweet Banana, and Cherry Hot peppers I had on the plants, mixed 3 parts vinegar to the juice, added salt and simmered for 2 hours. Voila! Useable hot pepper sauce!

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ty nick and wes. This stuff is the third batch. The first batch was way too mild but these second two batches came out just right. Not too hot and not too mild. Salsa is supposed to have a little bite or you might as well eat a tomato. :D The first two batches have already been consumed. Funny how fast it disappears.

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Your's appears to be worthy of adding labels and selling it! ::) :tongue3:

BTW...I have stopped using salt except in cooking and rely on Louisiana Hot Sauce or my home-brewed stuff to spice up things.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oooops sometimes when I go to post it will only how maybe 2 bars so I wait then I wait it will go to 3 then 4 and stop so copy paste and do it again and once it a while it HAS already posted but sometimes it doesn't post at all :tard: :tongue3:

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the kind replies. No aa, this isn't HOT :angry4:, it's right at my taste level which is, I can taste some of the hot but, I can still taste the onions, sweet peppers, cilantro and tomatoes along with it. I don't like it when the HOT takes over the salsa but, I don't care for it being too mild. I guess it's just a personal preference thing. I wish you could all take a taste test but............... :-\

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
packerbacker said:
Thanks for the kind replies. No aa, this isn't HOT :angry4:, it's right at my taste level which is, I can taste some of the hot but, I can still taste the onions, sweet peppers, cilantro and tomatoes along with it. I don't like it when the HOT takes over the salsa but, I don't care for it being too mild. I guess it's just a personal preference thing. I wish you could all take a taste test but............... :-\
dont like it hot myself to old for that. Have you ever heard of Fresno chilies ?

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I have heard of them aa. If you look at the heat rating on these peppers, you'll see how they rate compared to other peppers as far as their heat rating. We use a mix of jalapenos (2000-5000 heat rating ) and Anaheim peppers (500-1000). Makes for a "comfortable" heat level for me. Your Fresnos rate 5,000-10,000, just a tad hotter. Then there are peppers that rate 400,000+!!! I wouldn't be in the same room with them. ;D
http://www.tradewindsfruit.com/hot_peppers.htm

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
packerbacker said:
Yes I have heard of them aa. If you look at the heat rating on these peppers, you'll see how they rate compared to other peppers as far as their heat rating. We use a mix of jalapenos (2000-5000 heat rating ) and Anaheim peppers (500-1000). Makes for a "comfortable" heat level for me. Your Fresnos rate 5,000-10,000, just a tad hotter. Then there are peppers that rate 400,000+!!! I wouldn't be in the same room with them. ;D
http://www.tradewindsfruit.com/hot_peppers.htm
bought a jar of Fresno's and made a bet with a dude from Texas. I bet him $20 he could not eat 2 of them. He was bragging he was from Texas and no chili in CA. was hotter than Mexican chilies.Well he ate 2 of them took off and we didnt see him for 3 days. You know i never got my $20 :D

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Packer, did you post your recipe?

Will you?

I'd be interested in seeing it.

Thanks,
rmptr

Yah... some of those habs, and asian peppers just won't fit on a scale... they are hotter than the sun! :icon_sunny:

;D

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My next door neighbor enters her salsa in the state fair every year and has won twice. She runs over and give me a taste to get my advice. I get a great big jar for being her guinea pig. Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions