Sam and Will Martin and Rooster Cogburn

Gooner

Dec 23, 2010
Pawhuska, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
white's xlt
Mebbee I'm old fashioned but who cares. I always fire a shot to kill the old year and another to ring in the new. In my neighborhood I heaRD A FULLY AUTO. FIRE SEVERAL ROUNDS AND ABOUT A MINUTE LATER HE let loose another volley. after the cops had spotlighted up and down the alley a few times, they were called elsewhere. I got my goosegun, 12 guage, and killed 2010. Second shot, to ring in new year, I held it loose and back of hammer caught me between thumb and forefinger and gave me a nice little cut when it kicked. Wifee bandaided me. Rum.
Happy New Year yall.
Been searchin the net and I've long ago found the actual campsite of Sam and Will Martin, circa 1903. Cannot classify this post.
Wife and I were talkin bout places she went with me and there was a book:
They outrobbed them all, the rise and fall of the vicious Martins; author Glenn Shirley. A/an historical marker on the h'way denotes the battle of Wooster Mound.
Boy howdy that'll leave a mark.
Don't drink and shoot.

The character Rooster Cogburn, originally portrayed by Marion Morrison, a.k.a. John Wayne, was based on the life and exploits of a lawman, Heck Thomas.

He was a member/leader of said posse that killed the Martins.

Wooster Mound happens to be the nearest landmark to the event which occurred over a mile away from said landmark.
They hid much loot.
They died young.
'nuff said, so far.
Warren Bennet was in posse. Pawhuska used to have a sherriff named Bob Dalton.
-bill- as always

OP
OP
Gooner

Gooner

Dec 23, 2010
Pawhuska, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
white's xlt
"They Outrobbed Them All, The Rise and Fall of The Vicious Martins"" is the title to a book by Glenn Shirley.
I found 8 hardback copies for sale ranging from $24 to above $80.
South of Pawhuska across from the Bronze Horse foundry is an historical marker telling of The Battle of Wooster Mound, and the death of the Martins.
-bill-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions