Same yard, one more time, and the EQ sniffs out a few more!

SittingElf

Feb 25, 2018
Palm Bay, FL, and Air Force Bases in FL and OK
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Equinox 800, Garrett Ace 300 (x2 For Wife and Son), Ground Hawg, Garrett Carrot, Minelab Pro-Find 35, SoundClean9 APTX LL Headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
sgoss66

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
HA -- you call it "persistence..." Thank you! A nice, kind description. My wife might not be so kind; she might use words like "stubborn," "bull-headed," or something equally not flattering! LOL!

Yep, looking forward to us joining forces for some hunting!

Steve

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
the more time spent using the machine only educates you even more ( well, for most people). finding something in a place that you have hunted hard in previously is always encouraging. learning a new machine definitely has its challenges but can have a lot of rewards too. I am not looking forward to learning a new machine because my short term memory just plain sucks but I have been reading everything that I can in posts/threads like this one plus watching videos. No matter what, the Nox has to be a better machine than the AT GOLD that I am in process of selling. hopefully the nox will be lighter too. dogmatic is another good word...at least I think it is or was LOL. Jerry

OP
OP
sgoss66

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jerry,

The Equinox is a good machine, and even if your short-term memory isn't what it used to be, I think you will learn it just find. Sounds like you don't have your machine yet, but once you get it in your hands, I think it will become a bit more clear. It's always more difficult trying to read a manual and understand a machine, when you don't yet have the machine in-hand.

Once you get it, and find things you don't understand about it at first, there are plenty of people here to answer questions -- as many of them as you have. Lord knows I ask enough of my own, LOL!

Steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread