Sampling, New Sluice test. good times

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hangtown and I brought Aufisher down to our claim. I talked them out of bringing their bazookas and we tested my new powersluice. I scored an old sluice and hopper from a guy on craigslist ....FOR 80 BUCKS. I've plugged some holes added some rivets, and legs (thanks Hangtown:occasion14:) and most importantly I have thrown in some Goldhog mats and they are pretty sweet so far. We didn't bring a pump down I have some pipe stashed down in the canyon so we grabbed it and I was hoping we would be able to use it and some hose to run the spray bar but, we will need more pipe. Until we lose water volume and run a pump. We cut a notch across some bedrock I found decent color on and a nice picker last year, I wanted to sample a cross section of the stream bank to bank. We figure we ran 15 to 20 buckets yesterday we didn't count...duh. Today we ran 9. We found a better drop in the bedrock today and flaking bedrock. I picked a nice little piece out of a crack that looks like Pacman. We got another little round plinker that stayed in one spot in the scrubber mat from like the second bucket on. We fell about three feet short of hitting the other side, but, we seemed to increase the size of gold and amount as we moved over. We will know more later. My son who turned eleven last week made the trip down the first day, with his own pack and he carried the pipe down. I showed him how to use a screwdriver to properly work on a creek...and tried to set him up to find and pan out his first color on a creek...he got skunked:laughing7:. But, as he pointed out last night at our fire when we were figuring our bucket count..."I fed most of them". We saw a garter snake swim up the creek...and a couple week old Diamondback....and Hangtow saw a big 'ol bullfrog.I We recovered some very very fine gold so I have to do a blue bowl run still the pics are after a run through the desert fox. Hangtown wanted me to keep the take I am saying that I will be handing a vial over to Aufisher when I see him in April:hello:

Attachments

• claim work 013.jpg
    claim work 013.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 133
  • claim work 015.jpg
    claim work 015.jpg
    686.1 KB · Views: 166
  • claim work 019.jpg
    claim work 019.jpg
    794.5 KB · Views: 133
  • claim work 022.jpg
    claim work 022.jpg
    920.8 KB · Views: 134
  • claim work 032.jpg
    claim work 032.jpg
    797.2 KB · Views: 115
Upvote 0

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks again Goldwasher and Hangtowndiggins! Nice playground you guys got! Thanks for the hospitality guys and for showing me some cool mining tools I have never used.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You guys are way too nice of gentlemen offering me the gold take. I would like you to have that eyeball picker and your son to have the rest if Hangtowndiggins is OK with that. Eyeball finds are the best and I think it's great we got to spend time with your son. Prospecting with your own child is as golden as it gets! Thanks again guys!

Last edited:

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
GBpro. BGT 48" miner, 36" prospector and super mini
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was a perfect weekend to work the claim and camp out. Great to move rock and run a decent sized sample thru Goldwasher's sweet sluice plant, those hog mats are choice! Nice job on getting it all buttoned up in time to put it to work for the weekend, was cool to plumb it the way we did and not have to lug the pump in and listen to it all day great idea GW! Awesome your son got to get out with us Saturday. Was way cool to see him with crevice tools scratching at cracks and panning away. Was a big help to have him feeding the sluice for us. We didn't hit it big but the experience, good times, and knowledge gained on the claim was golden in it's self. Odd to catch a full on mid march sunburn but sure beat freezing. Thanks for all the hard work, and awesome company as always Aufisher, I agree with GW on handing over the take to you, you deserve it AU!
Goldwasher, awesome of you to switch up your schedule and make the trip happen, BIG thanks for having us over and cooking up all the awesome grub:icon_thumleft: Was a weekend to remember full of good times with great people. Thanks again fellas ill be looking forward to the next trip:occasion14: image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
image.jpg Goldwasher feeding sluice

Last edited:

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
GBpro. BGT 48" miner, 36" prospector and super mini
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys are way too nice of gentlemen offering me the gold take. I would like you too have that eyeball picker and your son to have the rest if Hangtowndiggins is OK with that. Eyeball finds are the best and I think it's great we got to spend time with your son. Prospecting with your own child is as golden as it gets! Thanks again guys!
AU, I like that idea and am definitely cool with that. Your a great guy AU and are always welcome, thank you too for all your hard work and help!:hello:

Last edited:

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome little setup.
I have had the idea of a non-motorized / gravity fed highbanker in the back of my mind for a while now.
That just makes me think again.
:)
Doc

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome little setup.
I have had the idea of a non-motorized / gravity fed highbanker in the back of my mind for a while now.
That just makes me think again.
:)
Doc

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread