BlacksmithTom

Greenie
Dec 28, 2011
Kirkland, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705; Bounty Hunter Tracker IV; Minelab Gofind 60
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all, I'm Tom Smith, while I'm not really a newbie to metal detecting it has been a while, I got a Bounty Hunter Tracker IV for Christmas to aid in my search for gold, I'm a GPAA member and have met a few members that use a metal detector to aid in finding black sands and gold. I've many hobbies and consider myself a Jack of all Trades and a master of just a few. As my User Id suggests I am a blacksmith, so I'm always fascinated with finding old iron works, I got into gold panning/prospecting last Christmas and then this year the metal detector. Being in San Antonio, home to the Alamo, you'd think having a metal detector would be an awesome thing, however there are restrictions in place that make it very hard to do much of anything in city limits unless it's on private property. I submitted my application for a permit to detect 20 different parks inside city limits, and wasn't sure if it was going to get approved or not, I'd read someplace on the forum that ALL metal detecting had been banned in San Antonio. I got my application back today via email and it was approved for the 20 parks I'd indicated and it's good for 6 months, so in May I'll submit another application for another 20 parks from the list or some of the same if they prove to be good hunting grounds. I'm always looking to make new friends and am open minded when it comes to learning new techniques and such. If you're in the San Antonio area and want some hunting company, drop me a line. Happy New Years to everyone, let's hope 2012 will bring about loads of positive beeps.

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Treasure-net Tom, good luck in all those parks. :thumbsup:

Fossis.............

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to tnet, Tejano. Been to San Antone a few times, great place. I live up here in the middle of the Rockies in gold and silver country. Used my DFX in prospect mode to check out some areas and found a gold (plated) bracelet. No luck yet on nuggets. I have become very proficient at panning up black sand, but no color to speak of. GH!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MG_127.gif
BlacksmithTom