gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DSCN2783.JPG Snow covered San Francisco Peaks heading west on I 40 near Flagstaff yesterday on my way to Wickenburg, AZ. Was cold up on the high desert, 20 degrees, but a nice 69 degrees down here in Wickenburg today. Pics taken at Twin Arrows, AZ exit ramp. Sadly there are no good places to pull over for photos on I 40 in AZ.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, there's a whole lot a nothing out east of Flagstaff on I40. One good place to pull off and take a little detour to the south is Meteor Crater. I did that once and it was well worth seeing. Looked a lot bigger in person over the pictures you see of it or so it seemed to me.

Last edited:

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah, there's a whole lot a nothing out east of Flagstaff on I40. One good place to pull off and take a little detour to the south is Meteor Crater. I did that once and it was well worth seeing. Looked a lot bigger in person over the pictures you see of it or so it seemed to me.
Yup...MC is pretty cool. As Chris and I were approaching it she said "it must be on the other side of those mountains". I looked and told her the "mountains" were probably the crater rim.....Turned out I was right. Pretty neat place.
Jim

OP
OP
gunsil

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I was at meteor crater many years ago, like more than fifty, and I was young enough to go down the trail to the bottom, roam around a bit and hike back out. Don't think I could do that these days although I did think about stopping just to see it again. I have always loved geology and rocks and the petrified forest and meteor crater are fond memories for me. I am headed to Quartzite for the big rock swap meet in a couple of days, staying with old friends in Wickenburg.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was at meteor crater many years ago, like more than fifty, and I was young enough to go down the trail to the bottom, roam around a bit and hike back out. Don't think I could do that these days although I did think about stopping just to see it again. I have always loved geology and rocks and the petrified forest and meteor crater are fond memories for me. I am headed to Quartzite for the big rock swap meet in a couple of days, staying with old friends in Wickenburg.
That sounds fun. I use to head through Quartzite on my to Winter Haven, CA on other side of Yuma back in the 1990s. That's is the desert. Watch out for those jumping cactus.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread