Sand Scoop

TexasRT

Aug 15, 2008
Dickinson, TX
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I just purchased the RTG Monster 6" aluminum scoop with the 20 degree handle because I've seen a lot of them in posted pictures and videos here, I also had them add the grab handle. The long handle is schedule 40 1 1/4" pipe, it works great and it weighs next to nothing. I took it out Saturday and a couple of times I put quite a bit of "stuff" of it and it did great. I've already nicknamed it the backhoe.

I know a lot of you have been discussing the scoops with the 1/4" holes lately, and I've seen several people that have put the 1/4" hardware wire in their scoops to catch the smaller items. So I also sent RTG an email asking if they had ever considered making a scoop similar to the Monster 6" with 1/4" holes instead of 5/8". They said they would consider it, so if you would be interested in them making one like this you may want to send them an email requesting the same. Just a thought...

HH

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They might consider it. The have to consider how many might purchase one to off set the retooling for the smaller holes. Many that want the smaller holes to catch the smaller items sometimes find out shells and small pebbles don't sift through and adding hardware screen is a simple solution to spending all that money on a new scoop. An awful lot depends on the beach you are to hunt the most often.

Attachments

• Sunspot Stealth.jpg
    Sunspot Stealth.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 254
  • Sunspot Stealth.jpg
    Sunspot Stealth.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 237
OP
OP
T

TexasRT

Aug 15, 2008
Dickinson, TX
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Sandman - I understand, just thought I'de throw it out there.

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i've gotten a lot of advise to add a magnet to the rear of the inside of the scoop to catch those smaller targets that might fall through the holes. haven't done it yet but it sounds like a good idea.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread