Sand Shark by Treasure Hunter

VWandSTUDEBAKER

Jul 11, 2010
Gainesville FLorida
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Whites BHID, Whites SurfPlus,Whites 5900 Pro Sl, various other detectors, TRX pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, first, please to not blast me with negative thoughts. I have read some things about the machine that makes me uncomfortable with it.

With that said, I have friends in AZ that take their boat out to some big lakes, so its fresh water.

They have talked about wanting to do metal detecting for awhile, but never have until suddenly the first of the week, they sent me a link to a detector and ask what I thought. I first saw Tiger Shark and although I have had and been a Whites fan for over 45 years, I have seen the name. But after looking at the link they sent me from Amazon, I realized it wasn't the same as I was thinking about. I did a little research and reading on the TH one, but only really found negative opinions of a China knockoff.

Like normal, they were looking for something inexpensive and said they could not afford the Tesoro one. But before I could give them my opinion, they ordered it and got it yesterday.

They just said they will try it in shallow beach water today (if possible). Im just afraid they wasted their money

They do dive and the areas will be 30 to 60 feet with a max of about 90 feet.

Anyone got any good hopes that this will work or are my concerns going to become real ?

Thanks.
David:dontknow:

Upvote 0

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only time will tell why they should have bought the Tesoro. $700 and a life time warrent , you can't beat it.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am hoping for the best for your friends, but my hopes aren't high. PLEASE let us know how the adventure ends!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'm with Terry and Ron...I'm afraid they wasted their money.

Sent from a spun out toilet paper tube (one ply)!

agflit

Mar 25, 2015
Wisconsin, N.C. Fl, Bahamas....wherever the wrecks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark freshwater...Excaliber 1000 Bluetube, Aquapulse AQ1b, Marine Sonics Centurian SSS
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I wish your friends the best but...

There's only ONE real Sand Shark...and it comes from Az!! I have NOTHING bad to say about my Tesoro ....

BTW...My Tigershark...paid for itself 59 minutes into it's FIRST outing. That was almost 3 years ago... so far it's sent me to Mx twice, the Fl keys 4 times, and helped fund alot of dive gear. Learn your machine..and dig everything!

Ag

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually, if it truly is a knockoff (as in trying to fool people into believing it's the real deal), I hope it floods and dies on the first dunk. Maybe there will be bad enough feedback to end their production. Don't get me wrong, I hope they find what they're looking for and enjoy the hobby, but, I hate "made in China" crap disguised as quality items. Buy from a responsible manufacturer or don't buy, IMO.

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 (current detector)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Garrett AT Pro (first detector, no longer have)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A guy I knew when I lived in St Thomas had this machine. He kept saying it was a Sand Shark. He wanted to sell it for real cheap and I was thinking I was getting a great deal. I know the real Sand Shark by Tesoro is a darn good machine. I bought it from him the day I moved back to the states, thinking I'll have it as a back up to my AT Pro in the event that I ever hunt salt water again.

It looked a little funny, but I bought it for $20.00.

Long story short, I found out it wasn't THE Sand Shark I thought it was, no blame to the guy, he didn't know the difference either way. It sat in my basement for over a year and it just went out to the curb in the trash two weeks ago. It didn't work anyways.

Hope the one your friends bought works for them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread