All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just out of curiosity, what does it cost you to return it each time?

OP
OP
dc426

dc426

Aug 7, 2011
Largo, Florida
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
sand shark, at pro, New CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$30.00+

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a bummer dude. You need to get Rusty on the horn up there and tell em to keep that lemon and send ya one that functions!

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you putting your batteries in backwards. I done that a few times with my Sand Shark.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you putting your batteries in backwards. I done that a few times with my Sand Shark.

I think I've done this with most of my detectors too.

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you putting your batteries in backwards. I done that a few times with my Sand Shark.[/Q

Does the Sea Hunter MK2, or the AT Pro allow you to insert batteries backwards also?

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know the AT will allow the battery pack to be inserted the wrong way. It closes and you wouldn't know until you turn it on and...nothing happens.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Must be finding a lot of gold with it to keep sending it back time after time! You would have to think if it was a manufacturing defect Rusty would have replaced it by now.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are hard on your detector dude, you digging with it or something. JK Hope it gets fixed before you loose the good weather.

OP
OP
dc426

dc426

Aug 7, 2011
Largo, Florida
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No the batteries are not in backwards and yes I "used" it a lot. But I only used it for what it's made for. In the last year I've used it 6 or 7 outings and that's it. My CZ21 is built like a truck compared to the SS and has only been back once. The SS is my backup detector now...when it works.
DC

OP
OP
dc426

dc426

Aug 7, 2011
Largo, Florida
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Must be finding a lot of gold with it to keep sending it back time after time! You would have to think if it was a manufacturing defect Rusty would have replaced it by now.

The last time it was there they replaced the coil because of a hairline crack (casting flaw). Main housing (casting flaw), face plate (warped) and knobs, electronics card and all wiring. So when it came back it was essentially brand new. It has only been used 6 or 7 times since then and here I am 10 months later with a dead machine again. Don't get me wrong I like my SS otherwise I wouldn't still have it. And yes, found lots of gold with it. I just want a machine that works right that's all.
DC

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
whoaaaa!!! they(rusty) need to step up big time!! a completely new unit is what's needed here! sometimes there is so much wrong with the original that your better off just replacing it completely!!!
keep us updated!

chuck.

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The last time it was there they replaced the coil because of a hairline crack (casting flaw). Main housing (casting flaw), face plate (warped) and knobs, electronics card and all wiring. So when it came back it was essentially brand new. It has only been used 6 or 7 times since then and here I am 10 months later with a dead machine again. Don't get me wrong I like my SS otherwise I wouldn't still have it. And yes, found lots of gold with it. I just want a machine that works right that's all.
DC

It may be that the detector is getting too hot " face plate (warped)".
Possibly, being damaged during storage, such as being in the trunk as a backup while detecting with another detector
during the heat of the day.

I would think that it would be cheaper for Tesoro to replace it with a refurished detector than to continuously try to bring
this one back to life?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread