Sand shark on the way... Suggestions?

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Will receive an old sand shark (the one with the interchangeable coils), In a few days. This will be my second PI machine, ( I had a df some time ago). Any suggestions on how to run it, what to look out for?
Also I have found a guy on eBay that is selling the 7 inch and 10 inch coil for it. The detector should have the stock 8 inch on it.. Do you think its worth buying any of those two coils?

Thanks in advance

Upvote 0

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe the 10 inch coil as you will be able to sweep a larger area on a given hunt.
I suspect that the 7 inch coil may be the stock coil for your detector rather than the 8" as they are so close in size.

I would want an answer to the below questions before I would invest more.

Is Tesoro still repairing this old of a Shark Model
If so what would be the cost.

I would be reluctant to sink more money into it as the the lifetime warranty is only with the original buyer of their detectors.
Buyers come later are out of luck!

If the lifetime warrant was transferrable, I would really want this detector as you can tailor the machine to the beach you
want to hunt, especially if the headphones are also interchangeable.

Last edited:
OP
OP
norbyx

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
The warranty will not work on other owners other than the original. They are still repairing them since the guy that sold it to me just had a new coil installed because the old one had a broken cable. The thing I know is that the detector is the same, old or new, only difference is that the company that made the waterproof connectors didn't make them anymore so they hardwired them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread