Sand Shark vs. Piranha

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can anyone tell me what the extra knobs/adjustments are on a Sand Shark that are not on its predecessor the Piranha and if they are comparable in sensitivity?

The Piranha (1995) was an upgrade from the Silver Turtle (1984). The original Sand Shark (1999) was a much better machine. The New Sand Shark (2010) has even better sensitivity and depth. I suggest the 8" coil.

OP
OP
D

Dimendave

Nov 27, 2012
Central Fl.
Detector(s) used
Garret ATP Whites TDI SL.
Fisher CZ-21. Minelab Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Terry! So in your opinion paying for a new SS over a used Piranha (half the price) with the lifetime warrenty would be the way to go?

Scanman

Jul 27, 2013
NW MI
Detector(s) used
Manticore
GoFind66
ProFind40
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had no idea the Sand Shark was updated in 2010 awesome.

Scanman

Jul 27, 2013
NW MI
Detector(s) used
Manticore
GoFind66
ProFind40
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Terry! So in your opinion paying for a new SS over a used Piranha (half the price) with the lifetime warrenty would be the way to go?

FWIW, I would not touch the Piranha for half the price. First time you have to send it in to be repaired and you will be kicking yourself for being cheap and not buying the updated model with lifetime warranty. Not to mention you may have trouble unloading the Piranha down the road.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Absolutely!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread