sand shark w/switchable coils value?

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mike70

Jan 23, 2015
Gold Coast, Queensland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortez, Tesoro Stingray, C&G Wildcat, Pistol Probe Pro. Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I didn't know you could switch coils on the Sand Shark, just ordered one with 8" coil. thought they were hardwired.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't know you could switch coils on the Sand Shark, just ordered one with 8" coil. thought they were hardwired.
The old sand sharks had interchangeable coils....

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny how everytime a company fiddles with an old machine its never quite the same. They should have stayed with that coil swap option.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny how everytime a company fiddles with an old machine its never quite the same. They should have stayed with that coil swap option.
If I remember correctly the company that made the connector went out of business and that was the reason for the change.

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
WARNING: There is a new "Sand Shark" from China - very cheap stuff and recently found on e-bay. Has picture of funny looking shark. Do NOT buy a metal detector w/o seeing pictures and knowing what you're actually buying. Buyer beware. Always demand the date of manufacture when buying a metal detector and check the serial number if possible. Some of the older detectors are reaching retail prices on e-Bay and purchasers are obviously not aware that it is an older (sometimes 5-15 yrs) machine! FYI

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure Hunter is right about the fittings. My Sharks have the changeable coils but I only can use the Clean Sweep Coil on the Tiger. Hope you got top dollar for your unit.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WARNING: There is a new "Sand Shark" from China - very cheap stuff and recently found on e-bay. Has picture of funny looking shark. Do NOT buy a metal detector w/o seeing pictures and knowing what you're actually buying. Buyer beware. Always demand the date of manufacture when buying a metal detector and check the serial number if possible. Some of the older detectors are reaching retail prices on e-Bay and purchasers are obviously not aware that it is an older (sometimes 5-15 yrs) machine! FYI
I saw that cheap detector with the same name but different logo too...I don't remember where.

OP
OP
seeker41

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks everyone for the pricing suggestions!! machine and coil are sold!!!

chuck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread