Sand Shark???

greyhnd

Sep 12, 2005
Upvote 0

morris

Jun 8, 2005
Arlington Texas
Look into the White's Beach Hunter ID or a White's PI Pro but the PI Pro you well digg every little thing on the beach but it is a darn good unit and very very deep...

Morris
Ocala,Fl 8)

DetectoDude

May 2, 2004
So. Ca.
If you are looking for a nice beach machine you might want to considerthe Detector Pro Headhunter PI Nice light weight all the gear is in the headset. A new feature just added, you can change the coil, also waterproof to 100 ft.

T

THC

Good mashine

I've got a Sand Shark as a backup mashine. It's great! The VCO is great! After a while you will be able to tell how good the signal really is. Prepare to dig and dig and dig and deep! If it is a beach, though, you won't have too much iron and you'd dig all the non-ferrous targets anyways.

Have fun and post some finds soon!

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greyhnd, welcome to the Forum. It?s always good to see another fellow Brevard County treasure hunter hit the beaches. For hunting the beaches along the Space Coast you most definitely want to hit the beaches with an underwater machine. While I can not speak to the quality of the other machines I will always make a recommendation as to the Minelab Excalibur. A good source of information and ultimate purchase of a detector is Kellyco detectors http://www.kellycodetectors.com/indexmain.htm over in Winter Springs.

Welcome, and good hunting.

Q

neilo

Aug 23, 2005
I agree with the last message and recommend the Excalbur. But if you want to buy a pi machine make sure it has a good discrimination set up on it. If not you will be digging thousands of tiny pieces of iron . The Garrett SEA Hunter 2 is a pi machine with a good discrimination and would be my second recommendation. I dont think the whites pi has discrimination at all but i am not sure. Look in beach and Shallow water section there are some write up on Excalibur there.
SEEYa Neilo

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to beach hunting. The Excalibur is a great machine and I use it too, however the Tesoro Sand Shark is more in the price range you mentioned. All PI machines have some discrimination but it is silly to use any. Sure you will dig deep holes and the way the sand moves good and bad targets deeper and shallower you need a detector that "sees" it all. Plus the Tesoro Sand Shark has a Lifetime warrantee.

VLF detectors are good for some people and discriminate great. However, on a beach where finding anything is possible I use no discrimination anyway. Sure I dig deep holes sometimes and I find gold rings deep most times. Don't forget to fill in your holes before some beach walker falls in one and gets the beach closed to detecting due to litigation.

HH,
Sandman

neilo

Aug 23, 2005
I use an excalibur in the water myself I leave the discrimination turned on but to minimum settings this allows the iron mask to work blanking out iron targets only . I agree with you not to use discrimination but P I machines are badly affected by iron so when I say get a pi machine with discrimination it is only to blank out the iron nuisance targets and nothing else . Seeya NEILO

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neilo,

On your Excal settings, do you set Sens. on Manual or Auto? Most places I find that Auto gives me a steadier tone and I haven't noticed any lose of depth. Your right about a PI going VERY deep and digging everything too. I will use a PI only around salt water too as salt eats most iron objects and that saves a little digging on a rusted bottle cap. However now they are made of aluminum.

HH,
Sandman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread