Sanded in question

Wiganer

Jan 30, 2017
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Whites dual field beast, with Anderson shaft.
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

Wiganer

Jan 30, 2017
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Whites dual field beast, with Anderson shaft.
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Gotta ask Twink, do you go the stocking foot or boot route, as I have notice some boots contain a steel shank, and I'm just wondering about detecting my own boots. I had to swap out my walking boots as the dual field would pick up the eyelets for the laces.

Your feet will be warmer in Boot foot, I wore a set of boot foot with the felt bottom, waders for years at the ocean for wetsand to just in the water. The waders wore out and I cut the boots off and put them on my drysuit I like them so much.

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks big scoop for the word of wisdom, the only reason I was thinking waders over a wetsuit is up here in Nova Scotia Canada, the water is cold even in July, it takes a brave man or woman to go for a swim, and I figured at least with waders I can put my thermals on underneath if needed.

I worked as a commercial diver in Nova Scotia for about a year. I'm just a Florida "Yank" and I survived in a wetsuit until it got REALLY cold and then I switched to a dry suit. Get a good thick wet suit, and a weight belt. If you go under you can just release the belt and be back at the surface. If you are considering a dry suit you are crazy for being out hunting : D I would definitely NOT use waders.. you can drown or become hypothermic very quickly should they flood.

As for the sand, yeah well the sand came from SOMEWHERE. The sand moves from the water to the beach, and the beach to the water... how far out in the water is the question you can't answer until you go have a look.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions