Sandshark in the Shop

Singha

Tenderfoot
May 16, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 800, Sand Shark
Heading overseas on Tues. - very pleased but without my Sandshark - not happy about that. As a newbie I'm hopeing to get some recommendations from the pro's if they would upgrade any parts since it is in the shop. Would like to have a done right once and be set for awhile. I only used it a few times before the cable broke. Any ideas on the best way to carry it when I get it back. I ride a small motorbike and the box is on belt and it slid to the end of my travel bag and broke the wire. I read about the gun case but the police over there may think I'm pushing it a bit. Thanks

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tesoro carries detector bags http://www.tesoro.com/product/accessories/ The large padded one still looks like a gun case. Not much you can do about that except paint it pink. The smaller bag is more square but you'll have to break the detector down all the time for transport which is easy to do with Tesoro's. Suggest you transport it with the box on the shaft so everything is together.

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
Sandman is right on this one. Also Tesoro will not do any upgrades while they have your Sandshark, there aren't any. When they think they need to upgrade a detector they make a whole new machine. Good luck on your move and Happy Hunting.

Desertfox

firstbiggestmost

Oct 29, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excall II, Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The one upgrade or mod I would like the factory to do is to shorten my coil cables. I tried hip mounting a few times and didn't like the way things got moved around in the water. For me its easier to just mount the control box to the shaft, but then the cables are 8' long so it's a pain to wind and unwind the cable each time I water hunt(or change coils) so that I can separate the rods and clean everything out. I'd like my cables just long enough to run from the coil to the controll box with a little extra slack. I've talked to Tesoro and they said it would be no problem to shorten the cables, they would just shorten from the control box end since they have those connectors. If you stick with you current set up maybe disconnect the controll box connector when you pack it up or put a towel in the bag so things don't slide around. HH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread