SandShark on nuggets

RustyNail

Greenie
Sep 26, 2004
Has anyone tried using a Tesoro SandShark (normally considered a beach/surf detector, technology=PI) to look for nuggets where traditionally one would use something like a Tesoro Lobo? I know that PIs are supposed to handle mineralized conditions well but I've heard conflicting field reports on how well they actually hold up. I'm thinking about making a trip up to the gold-bearing rivers in central California (e.g., American River, Iowa Hills, Colfax, Placerville, etc.). Has anyone actually used a surf detector up there? What were the results? Tips?

PS I know that this might be posted on a forum more dedicated to prospecting but since this forum knows the characteristics of underwater detectors like the SandShark better, I want to get thoughts from folks who may actually have used the SandShark or a similar model for nugget shooting, specifically in the kind of mineralization found in central California.

THANKS.

Upvote 0

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would call Tesoro or E-mail them and tell them exactly what you want to do. They will know if it can be done (i dont see why it wouldn't be able to) and probably tell you how to set it up.

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The more i think about it, i'm pretty sure most gold detectors utilize pulse induction. I could be wrong but i don't think i am.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread